Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

Autogen gone walk about

Hello, Well my FSX woes continue and this time it seems that my Autogen is just vary scarce. The settings are as follows:In my .cfg it is at 6000 per cell for both buildings and trees. Here is what it looks like:In some places though it is alright: Thanks,

I have the same issue. It looks like you have photo scenery installed, correct? If thats the case (and in my case i have VFR real scenery for the UK installed) the autogen is removed. I.e. an autogen exclude is incorporated in the scenery, presumably to prevent autogen from appearing in areas of the scenery that dont or shouldnt have it. The down side to this is the ground looks very sparce indeed. I did a search a while ago and i think the GEN X scenery has some autogen solutions (produced by random people) this adds autogen to FSX in places. If this is in the UK you may want to try Earth Simulations Treescapes apparently this is very good (accurately depicting trees over the UK) on top of photo scenery. But as for other areas i am not sure as to what you can do. Obviously the photo scenery needs to be above your FSX layers in the Scenery library but i presume this is why the autogen disappears. Its a problem id also like to resolve!!! Thanks Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Yup. It's your photoscenery. While new custom texture tiles are being created for FSX scenery, autogen objects have to be individually placed on specific points on the tile by the developer. The thing with photoscenery is that, basically speaking, you have one very, very big texture tile covering a very, very large area, and if you wanted dense autogen buildings and trees to show up in the proper places in the scenery, then someone would have to place each object into the scenery tile while in development. Depending on the size and area coverage of the custom scenery, this would take an almost unimaginable amount of time and, unless you have an army of guys whose only job is to place autogen objects, is an impractical thing to do. In essence, each object in a large photoscenery add-on would be custom scenery. That's why you see so many photoscenery add-on screenshots with no autogen. It's not impossible to do per-se, but as stated it would be a prohibitively huge expense of time and effort. Another thing to consider is the memory requirements for such an ambitious scenery idea. Maybe in ten years we'll be able to smoothly and reliably run high resolution national and global custom photoscenery with full autogen with the contemporary PC's of the time, whatever form they will take by then. By default, FSX uses much smaller scenery tiles to cover the world, hence they are much easier and practical to adorn with trees, buildings, chicken and bar-b-que restaraunts, etc... With photoscenery things look fine way up high but once you get down low things get ugly and distractingly sprase. This is primarily the reason why I don't use photoscenery add-ons, and prefer to use the Ultimate Terrain series with FSGenesis mesh instead. There are photosceneray add-ons that have good, dense photscenery but the coverage area is relatively small. There was a very good photosceneray area for south Florida avaliable for FS9 years ago that had very dense autogen, but I can't remember who made it.

But the thing is I remember seeing more around here, or at least I think I do.In case your wondering, it is ORBX BLUE and YLIL.