Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

what type of comedy is this?

ok, so I'm trying to figure out what type of humor I have. I love to state the opposite of what I feel. for example, yesterday I got my tooth pulled. I'm in the dentist and when she told me I had to have my tooth pulled, I respoinded, "Joy!", "that is superb!", "Faaaaantastic!" "Thi is going to be such freakin fun"these must be spoken rather loudly and with great emphasis and like you really mean it from the heart in order to really be funny or at least I think so.. sometimes, I like to distort or really embellish the truth or tell a situation based on how it felt, rather then what really happened. for example. "The surprising thing about the whole operation was, I didn't know my cheeks could stretch all the way out to the wall!" is that type of humor, sarcasm, irony, satire, or something else all together.

Ciao!

It's the same kind of humor where you say,"I love to spend all my time trying to get FSX to run!" Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

LOL, yeah that is it! it's like where you make your point by saying the opposite or something that contradicts the real truth you are trying to get across.ahhh the later part would be more correct to say, ... the real emotion that you are trying to convey.

Ciao!

Brian, if your contradictory statements aren't meant to be hurtful in any way then you're employing irony. Of course, you could just be lying so as to avoid upsetting a potential sadist... Bob, maybe it's time someone taught MS the meaning of irony. I suspect they take all those comments we make at face value. ... My last visit to my dentist involved 25 minutes in the chair with a head full of lignocaine, my glasses removed for safekeeping and my head lowered below the level of my feet. The session itself wasn't much fun but when he'd finished and I was the right way up again I felt GREAT for a couple of hours. ... It's also ironic that most simmers who desire a more realistic experience don't actually appreciate what constitutes 'reality'. (With thanks to Gabe_62.) ... It's also ironic that many of us use the expression, 'It's ironic, isn't it?' without knowing what the word means. Uh, isn't it?