Sign in to follow this  
pangaul

ILS radio

Hi all, can anyone help. When i activate an ILS radio freq eg: 108.900 for rnwy 24 (EGPH) after estableshing the localiser i get a bleeping noiselike a Morse code type signal. Is this normal or can i switch it off. If i return the freq back to standby the noise go's away. many thanks

That's the station identifier morse code... you can mute it on the pedestal control panel.Please sign your real name to your posts - forum rule, thanks.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That's the station identifier morse code... you can mute it on the pedestal control panel. Please sign your real name to your posts - forum rule, thanks.
How do you mute it? Mitch bowman

You probably turned a dial after you tuned the radio, possibly thinking it would turn it on (or not). The fact is that the radio receivers are always on. What you hit was the switch to turn on the audio, which is a loose identifier of how close you are. Simply turn the switch back off to silence it.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

many thanks for the info guy's, but what switch do i use to silence it? and my appologies for not signing off without using my name, first time newbie. regards Paul Breeze

On the 3x Audio Selector Panel (ASP) there are 1x row of push button's and 2 row's of knob's, The row push button's (MIC selection) is to select the communication system you want to communicate with like VHF comm 1 , 2 or 3. (VHF comm 3 mostly used for ACARS) and PA (Passenger Adress) and for Pushback use Flight Interphone and for Maintenance use the Service Interphone selection. The 2 row of knob's are the audio selection, this is the selection where you want to listen to, Push the Knob's in (light illuminated) to listen, Push the Audio knob out (light out) to silence it.The first row of knob (upper) is for audio selection of the communcation system''s and the Second row (lower) is for the Navigation system's the NAV 1 and 2 and ADF 1 and 2 (2 is INOP) and MKR (Marker Beacon) there is also a SPKR (speaker) knob, if you want to listen the audio you have selected on the flightdeck speakers push this knob.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

That's the station identifier morse code... you can mute it on the pedestal control panel.
Dear Ryan, For me this is definitely a bug, because this damn thing remain always beeping, despite the actionsI've done, like turning off the nav sound on the pedestal and assigning a key combo to turn on/off the morse code. Nothing I've done solved this issue. In others addon aircrafts that I have this issue does not happens. I'd say this is an ignored issue by PMDG, despite the others threads that I found about. sad.png Best Regards