Sign in to follow this  
twiggys

CDU message: Nav data out of date

Whenever I open the FMC/CDU I get this message "NAV DATA OUT OF DATE" any insight? Thanks

Searching is always good lol... Yes, it's normal. The navigation cycle is out of date. 1109 is current. NGX shipped with 1108. If you want to disable the msg, see this thread:http://forum.avsim.n...f-date-fmc-fix/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Uh oh... Or, as they say in the legal community, "Asked and answered." My advice: Ignore the warning until you feel like getting the AIRAC update.Trevor

Just like road maps and nautical charts you have to keep updating your charts and information or they become unreliable say a ship sinks in a channel if you don't have a shipwreck symbol on a chart after the accident you might run over it. AIRAC cycles update your airport information and Approach/Departure information. It is normally updated monthly so you have the most accurate updates. If you want you can pay and download those updates through Navigraph.com or fly without the updates but you could run into issues later on.

Here's the key. If you fly online, get the updates. If you don't fly online, get the updates when you feel like it (like I do), but just make sure your NGX and any flight planning program (FSBuild, FSC, AivlaSoft, etc.) have the same AIRAC. C'est tout!Trevor