Sign in to follow this  
Emilio_G

Is a service pack/patch ever coming out?

Almost since I bought this beauty I have been waiting for the service pack to come out. One of the most annoying things is the lack of proper initialization (panel save). This almost invariably led to burnt engines. I think a service pack would greatly improve this wonderful a/c. For that same reason I am not jumping yet on the 737 NGX.

Who knows really. I think the pmdg crew is still fighting activation issues and a host of small issues that still plauge the NGX. My safe estimate is after the 6/700 models come out.

Don't wait for the NGX, it is awesome you are really missing out by waiting. I just flew from LOWW Vienna to LGAV Athens at night in a storm, it was a real rush. I can't recommend it enough. Hopefully once they have the initial release issues sorted with the NGX they will solve our flashing textures.

Dave Boreham

For one thing I want to be able to use my expensive JS41 without burning engines after a long time going through checklists. Why can't it just have a good panel state save option? didn't they realize how important that was? I also have the GoFlight MCP Pro & EFIS and I read it isn't yet fully supported. When those conditions meet I will buy the NGX, for now I would like to be able to fly my JS41.

Also watching for this. The panel state as you mentioned, the texture flashing, some more functions in the FMC (hold button). And I would love for them to implement the cargo variant of this aircraft (as well as with the NGX). A lot of us Air Hauler users would really appreciate that.

Chancy Law

Hey guys - I just bought this beast and working my way through the tutorial flight. I am familiar with LevelD 767 but my heart has always been in GA :) This is bird is a nice mix for me for sure. Educate me on the panel state saves - doesn't it save the current panel state when you save the flight or are you wanting the option to load any choice of saved panel state? What do you mean by "without burning engines after a long time going through checklists"? Is there something I need to know about with some of the panels states being lost if you start the engine later in the sequence. For example, starting the engines in the LevelD after pushback caused the FMC data to be lost. Thanks for the lesson- Benjamin.

Benjamin Van Eps