Sign in to follow this  
ga

Xrossfeed fuel when to use....

Ok Gents, we have the Xrossfedd on fuel as i understand it you use it to balance the tanks etc. if you have diffrent values in it, say left and right tank have diff on values center is empty, do you just turn on Xrossfeed to balance the tanks and it wil balance it automatecly?

Ok Gents, we have the Xrossfedd on fuel as i understand it you use it to balance the tanks etc. if you have diffrent values in it, say left and right tank have diff on values center is empty, do you just turn on Xrossfeed to balance the tanks and it wil balance it automatecly?
Hi! I think you activate the crossfeed and switch of the fuelpump on the side with LESS fuel until balanced. /Patrik Soderberg

Hello You have to use Xfeed when you have a fuel inbalance or an engine failure. 1) In case of fuel imbalance, for example you will have 2500Kgs in TANK 1 and 2000Kgs in TANK 2. So you open the crossfeed valve and then shutdown Right fuel pumps so the TANK 1 will supply both engines. Once you have 2000Kgs in TANK 1, turn on the Right fuel pumps and close the crossfeed valve. So magicly there wont be any fuel imbalance anymore!!2) In case of engine failure, for example Engine 1 shutoff. So open the crossfeed valve so both Tanks can supply Engine 2.That's it, i hope it helped you !Regards

It's a manual procedure. If you have an imbalance open the crossfeed valve and switch off the boost pumps in the wing tank with less fuel. Both engines will now take fuel from the other wing tank because of its higher fuel pressure. Thus the imbalance will reduce over time. When the tanks are equalised switch on the boost pumps again and close the crossed valve.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hello You have to use Xfeed when you have a fuel inbalance or an engine failure. 1) In case of fuel imbalance, for example you will have 2500Kgs in TANK 1 and 2000Kgs in TANK 2. So you open the crossfeed valve and then shutdown Right fuel pumps so the TANK 1 will supply both engines. Once you have 2000Kgs in TANK 1, turn on the Right fuel pumps and close the crossfeed valve. So magicly there wont be any fuel imbalance anymore!!2) In case of engine failure, for example Engine 1 shutoff. So open the crossfeed valve so both Tanks can supply Engine 2. That's it, i hope it helped you ! Regards
Tank you for the lessonsmile.png/Patrik

Think of it this way. The left fuel system to include the left engine is one whole system. The right fuel system includes the right engine. The crossfeed valve separates the two. The center tank feeds both sides. Have a look at the fuel panel. It has a schematic. Just follow the lines to see where fuel goes. Notice how the crossfeed valve separates the left and right sides. So, one situation that you can use this valve is when either engine is shut down after a fire, flame-out, etc. The good engine will burn from its respective system while the other tank will remain at the same level. In this case you can open the crossfeed and feed the good engine from the higher tank until level. You can even turn on all the pumps in both tanks and they should burn down evenly. Did this alot in other real world jets while in the simulator during engine out ops. APU burn can bring down the tank level after a loooooong duration. So if the fuel is low in one side, burn the the higher side by opening the crossfeed and turning off the pumps in the low tank. Once level, turn on all pumps and close the crossfeed. If you are engine out, leave the crossfeed open and turn on all the pumps once they are level.

Verry nice thx just what I were looking for great info ;)