Sign in to follow this  
ga

Anti Ice, Engine, Wing when to use.....

Ok gents and ladies Anti Ice, Engine, Wing when to use..... ;)

At freeze point...when you climbing it's getting colder and colder..When you pass the 0 degree point, now you can use the wing anti and engine anti ice. That's what I always do.

I think its under 10 celcius when flying in conditions that could cause ice (wet clouds for example)

Just go with, on anytime with a tat below 10 to a SAT -40c with visible moisture. Below a tat of 10, you can have induction icing at the intake and fan due to the low pressure at the intake.

thx verry much gents just what I needed ;)

Search the document called "PMDG-NGX-FCOMv1.pdf" for "anti-ice". There's all the information you need. A whole lot of information to get through.Don't suspect it's as simple as ON below 0C though.. Cheers,

he he thx Balint, wil check that out ;)

At freeze point...when you climbing it's getting colder and colder..When you pass the 0 degree point, now you can use the wing anti and engine anti ice. That's what I always do.
Don't do that! Refer to the other post in here.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

10C or less with visible moisture (i.e. fog, clouds), turn on the engine icing. You will turn off the engine icing once you are at the higher altitudes, even with clouds, as mentioned in the FCOM: "Engine TAI must be on when icing conditions exist or are anticipated, except during climb and cruise below -40°C SAT." Wing anti ice is seldom used, from what I have read. It diverts plenty of air from the engines, and as a result engine performance can suffer, so it's only used it there is real evidence of icing on the wings during the worst winter weather.