Sign in to follow this  
junfan85

Force ATC Wind Lock in SP3 dosen't tally

Hi. I discover that when using "Force ATC Wind Lock" in FSX, the current wind information at 'Shift+Z tab' in FSX does not tally with what is shown in ASE. For eg. ASE reported wind speed 1kt, but at the "Shift+Z" tab in FSX, the lowest wind speed shown is 6kt. Whereas if "Force ATC Wind Lock" is unchecked, the information shown in FSX tally with that in ASE. Weather settings at FSUIPC 4.7 is off and WeatherReadFactor=0. Is there any necessary adjustment to this? Thanks=)

Hi, It won't because that option locks the wind at one place. So if the data changes in ASE, it will not be reflected in FSX at your departure and destination locations.

Yes it will but only anything above 6kts will be reflected in fsx. If its below 6kts, then it won't be reflected.

Hi, That is correct. The thing is that the SP3 that we released last week is the exact Build that some users have been using for months now and because no bugs were reported to us we made B 647 the Official SP3. So I guess I am asking if you are reporting a possible bug or just seeking information?

Yes im reporting a possible bug. Sorry if I've reported this abit too late but you may want to look into this. Thanks

OK thanks! So with that option On and ASE is reporting less than 6kt winds, the wind in FSX is always exactly 6kts?

I'm guessing the 6kts minimum was intentional. Pete talked at one point about asking Damien to limit the wind speeds to a minimal value that could keep AI moving in one direction at the destination. It was noted that if 0kts or VRB were in effect, the AI landing pattern became very unpredictable which adversly affected Radar Contact's ability to judge the landing pattern in use (so the user aircraft did not directly conflict with AI) when the user aircraft approached the Terminal area. My only complaint with the ATC wind-lock is that the 80nm implementation doesn't seem to be far enough out. I know it was set to this value because it is the distance at which Radar Contact begins to see AI at the destination. I've noted AI are still using a different approach by the time I reach the landing circuit, but still conflicting with the locked winds. My suggestion would be for Damien to increase the arrival lock distance from 80nm, to 128nm. IIRC, this is the limit at which AI begin to appear on the grid - distance from the user aircraft.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

But wif the wind locked, wldn't the landing pattern still predictable. Bcos when i told JSkorna abt this, he seems to be unaware until i reported this to him. But for the 80mn thingy, Im not too sure about that. Anyway lets see how JSkorna look into this=).

Hi, Al explained things to you and there is nothing to look into. Everything is works as programmed. If you want winds to exactly match, don't lock the winds! To Al, we are programming your suggestion into our next version of AS as we speak.

To Al, we are programming your suggestion into our next version of AS as we speak.
Good news indeed, thanks Jim. im Not Worthy.gif

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE