Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Crashes and Freezes Poll

Please answer the following questions  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Windows are you using?

• Windows XP 32-bit
    • Windows XP 64-bit
    • Windows Vista 32-bit
    • Windows Vista 64-bit
    • Windows 7 32-bit
    • Windows 7 64-bit
  2. 2. Which version of FSX are you using?

• FSX with SP1
    • FSX with SP1 and SP2
    • FSX with Acceleration
  3. 3. Which Addons do you use? - Multiple Choice

• Activesky Evolution
    • FS Genesis
    • FS Global
    • Ground Environment X
    • Real Environment X
    • Ultimate Terrain X
    • Ultimate Traffic II or Other AI
    • None
  4. 4. Which Airports cause you to Freeze? - Multiple Choice

5. 5. Which Service Pack of the NGX are you using?

• NGX HotFix 1
    • NGX HotFix 2
    • NGX HotFix 3
    • NGX Installer with HotFix 1 2 3
  6. 6. What CPU do you have?

7. 7. How much system memory do you have?

8. 8. How much Memory does your Video Card have?

9. 9. How many watts does your Power Supply have?

• 800-1000 watts
    • 600-800 watts
    • 400-600 watts
    • Less than 400 watts
  10. 10. Where is FSX installed on your Computer?

• On the same drive as Windows
    • On a Different drive than Windows

Was thinking maybe it would help the Dev Team track this issue down if they could find similarities in Hardware and Software configurations. So lets give it a shot? Please only post revelant information and if your not having a problem then good for you, save the thread for those that are. This is for the 737-NGX Crashes and Freezes only!

One small observation: those are hotfixes, not service packs.
Thank You! Big Grin.gif and Fixed.

I think it is of incredibly high importance to stress that THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE EXPERIENCING CRASHES OR FREEZES WITH THE PMDG 737 NGX

I think it is of incredibly high importance to stress that THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE EXPERIENCING CRASHES OR FREEZES WITH THE PMDG 737 NGX
LOL, I think it's easy to assume that since it was posted in the NGX forum and it's the only PMDG plane at the moment that some users are having issues with, that it wouldn't be for anything else aside from the PMDG NGX.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think that this is a great idea, but the problem is you have asked too many questions, the answer will get lost in the data. Also a single vote from sombody who doesn't read this and posts despite having no problems will (potentially) invalidate any conclusions you are hoping to achieve. If i may; you should also ask people who are having no problems, that might give you something to compare.

Ian R Tyldesley

THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE EXPERIENCING CRASHES OR FREEZES WITH THE PMDG 737 NGX
I think It is pretty obvious or they wouldn't be in the NGX Forum in the first place. But will post something about it. I don't have permission to change the topic.

Paul, I participated in your poll, although I have only had 2 freezes in the course of maybe 40 to 50 serious flights, and what I mean by serious is full route, FMC, real WX, etc., rather than just flying around practicing landings.Although, I had one freeze at BluePrints KIAH and the other freeze at FSDT's KFLL, I didn't mark them in the poll because I have flown into those two airports numerous times with the NGX had hadn't had the crash with the exception of those one instances, so in my case I dont think I can blame the airport. In fact, I have even flown the exact route into the said 2 airports where I had the freeze that one time and still hadn't gotten it again.Frankly, I can't seem to figure out anyway to reproduce the freeze on my end. I am rather surprised at the lack of problems I have had considering I have a worse rig than 90% of the people who are reporting constant freezes and crashes. Guess I am just lucky.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If i may; you should also ask people who are having no problems, that might give you something to compare.
Will get to that in good time. Only allows you 10 Questions Max so I was limited and chose a Broad Ranger of Questions based on Hardware and Sofware.

I think this is a great idea Paul, and will give any 'power users' out there some of their own data to perhaps diagnose the issues themselves.

I think the first question should have been, Are you affected by the problem? Else it doesn't show PMDG, just how widespread (or not) the problem is, if there is no reference point. Then we can compare the specs and addons of the ones who are and the ones who aren't to see if there is any correlation!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

hi all, just got my first freeze today while enroute from EDDM to LEPA, at TOD which by coincidence was 02 NM before awaypoint with a slight course change afterwards ... voilà, it happend ... I had just finished entering an assumed wind forecastfor the descend, soon after the A/T began reduction and the descend began, a few hundred feet in the dive and there it stayeduntill CNTRL-ALT-CANC. no big deal as it is the first time after some hours of playing around, obviously it would be nice if stays at this toll. I'm confident these guys will improve the game in the future. franz

just got my first freeze today while enroute from EDDM to LEPA, at TOD which by coincidence was 02 NM before awaypoint with a slight course change afterwards ... voilà, it happend ... I had just finished entering an assumed wind forecastfor the descend, soon after the A/T began reduction and the descend began, a few hundred feet in the dive and there it stayeduntill CNTRL-ALT-CANC.
Maybe it has something to do with FMC in some cases.On my last flight I entered a new flightlevel and after executing ac starts climbing and....kaboom...all panel freezed.