Sign in to follow this  

737 MAX, I'll want this one?

Air NZ just have to order these planes!!! wub.png PMDG Boeing 737 MAX Expansion pack? :D

Is this just the NG with new engines ?
There may be quite a few other changes than just the new engines but nothing like a new wing or gear. It looks like the possibility of new tail cone, new nacelle design, new vertical stabilizer, FBW spoilers and more. I'm not 100% sure where that information is from but that's what I'm seeing on Airliners.net.

Air NZ just have to order these planes!!! wub.png PMDG Boeing 737 MAX Expansion pack? :D
ANZ replacing the 7373's with airbuses, shame on them!! :(

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Seeing the Boeing webpage on this reminds me of when PMDG revealed the first pictures of the NGX. Maybe not the same anticipation, since we can't exactly afford the real thing anyways, but it's still exciting nonetheless. Notice there is no -600.

When I saw the announcement yesterday, I did wonder how long it would take for someone on the PMDG forum to post if there was going to be an expansion pack to the 737NGX for it. smile.png

Matthew Murray

ANZ replacing the 7373's with airbuses, shame on them!! sad.png
What is that supposed to mean? Without getting into a rediculous "X is better then then Y" argument, the reason each gets better is because the other gets better. Boeing would not spend the money, time and effort to create the MAX if Airbus hadn't invested in the NEO. Both the 737 and the A320 are amazingly good aircraft and each continues to improve only because the other is there to provide real competition.

The Boeing website doesn't show raked wingtips so I'll go and say no. Obviously not.

You never know. I wouldn't have thought some new engines and tiny little additions would save 12% per passenger. They have done it with the US Navy 737 so I can't see why they won't for the Max.

Those engines would save a lot. You probably find it's similar to the 787, new composites etc making up the fuselage. Lighter, more fuel efficient etc