Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Multi core optimzer software

Yep. AffinityMask=62 that'll leave core 0 free for the FSX main fibers which can't be moved.

I wil ltry that NGX, I have had at that before, but for some reason re used the cfg tool and it made it 21, thanks a lot and take care.

Rich Sennett

Richard i run my foxconn server with a 8 core cpu . I have some tech guys that i know from foxconn working on a small bit of software to just focus on FSX and my setup the original optimizer they try to use has to be redone all over and it seems like they are getting somewere. now please keep in mind that in my case the idea of this server its just for my flightdeck build and MS flight . Anyone who owns a 6 or more cores would be a happy camper when MS flight comes out . more cores are never a waste of money .

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Thats what I thought also Tony, thanks and take care.

Rich Sennett

This made me look at my set up. I had run the Bojotes fsx.cfg tool also and my AffinityMask is set at 225. Does that sound right?

Yowser 225 does not seem right I think it meant 25, let me find the info for you how many cores are running need to know ? its 4 right ?

Rich Sennett

Yowser 225 does not seem right I think it meant 25, let me find the info for you how many cores are running need to know ? its 4 right ?
Yes, I am running 4 cores.

Here you go - you should put it at 15 not 225 1 core = 1 dec or 00000001 bin2 core = 3 dec or 00000011 bin3 core = 7 dec or 00000111 bin4 core = 15 dec or 00001111 bin5 core = 31 dec or 00011111 bin6 core = 63 dec or 00111111 bin7 core =127 dec or 01111111 bin8 core =255 dec or 11111111 binheres some reading on it: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/241713-affinitymask-tweak/

Rich Sennett

Good catch I wonder what else is not quite right when these cfg files are created, but still really great tool thats for sure.

Rich Sennett

Zach you sure its not 1400000000000000000 lol kidding buddy im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Rich Sennett

I think it depends on the system. I run at 14 but I still only fully utilise one core, core 2. The rest slack off at 30%.