Sign in to follow this  
N2385P

FSX Crash on startup when loading PMDG 737NGX

I've been flying this 737 for 2 weeks now and has worked perfect for me until today. Last night I did a flight on VATSIM as usual and it went flawless. I wake up this morning and start up FSX, got to the menu loaded my airport, set my weather, and ajusted my time, but when I load my aircraft I select PMDG 737 800 WL (the same livery I flew many times before) and I hit ok and the aircraft starts to rotate in the menu and about 4 seconds later I get "Fatal error occured". I've tried to uninstall everything and reinstal and same thing. try to load up as a different aircraft and same thing, it crashes. Tried a lot of the suggestions in the forum still no luck. even tried to restore my machine. PMDG 737 NGX does not work anymore period. Just got used to the 737ngx, but when I get it all down pat it lets me down. looks like I'm in the hole with everyone else now that can't use it. $70 is a lot of money Dustin

have you tried deleting to fsx.cfg

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hi Dustin, This happened to me last night after updating my video drivers. It works again if you delete the fsx.cfg file, but you will have to redo the seetings. I've read on another thread that a guy did load the PMDG 747, then the 737NGX and it worked again. I tried and loaded the MD-11, started a flight and loaded the NGX.FSX crashed immediately, but I was able to load the NGX after restaring FSX, although I cannot understand why this happend. Hope this helps. Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Don't be too disheartened. I recently couldn't even boot into windows, not even in safe mode. Just the way they are sometimes......I still have no idea why, but instead reformatted the HD and did a clean re-install of everything. This was prior to the release of the NGX. At worst, you have to do the same, but the NGX will work........

I did notice my PC did a windows update but it was just security updates. but I will try to delete the FSX config file.

wow I deleted the config file and it worked perfectly. Now I have to undo all the other stuff I deleted. That will be fun rolleyes.gif

Try the following, disconnect your Flight Controllers from the computer and then load the flight. Also do not load a saved flight. Start a new one. Once your in then plug your controllers back in.

Wow! Disconnecting my X52Pro helped! Why it happens?
Because FSX is held together with string and sellotape
  • Upvote 1

Wow! Disconnecting my X52Pro helped! Why it happens?
I also have the X52 Pro and Saitek Pedals. I had the same problem and it would crash on loading a saved flight, or even a new one. By disconnecting the controllers the plane loads fine. Not sure why that is. After you plug your controllers back in use FSUIPC Registered if you have it to calibrate them. This fix might work for others with different controllers as well. If your NGX crashes on load up disconnect your controllers from the computer, load flight, reconnect.

Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 9/12/2011 11:00:57 PMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: Craig-PCDescription:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e4a3aefException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00057412Faulting process id: 0xca4Faulting application start time: 0x01cc71c1519df77eFaulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLLReport Id: 99d87237-ddb4-11e0-a8cc-f46d0497c09fEvent Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-09-13T03:00:57.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>12708</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>Craig-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data> <Data>46fadb14</Data> <Data>PMDG_737NGX.DLL</Data> <Data>1.0.0.0</Data> <Data>4e4a3aef</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>00057412</Data> <Data>ca4</Data> <Data>01cc71c1519df77e</Data> <Data>C:\FSX\fsx.exe</Data> <Data>C:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL</Data> <Data>99d87237-ddb4-11e0-a8cc-f46d0497c09f</Data> </EventData></Event> AS soon as I load a livery for the NGX it will crash. It worked ok for weeks and now I have spend days trying to figure out what went wrong.I have no clue I reinstalled the NGX with admin rights more than 10 times to no avail.Help -Help

I have discovered that if the flap setting on the quadrant is not set to zero, FSX will crash with the PMDG737NGX.DLL error.  I have just have to check the position before I start it up.  I imagine that the startup steps it goes through get swamped with incoming commands from the quadrant, and the whole process times out.

Martin Connor (Cert Ed)

Early retiree from UK Further & Higher Education College

Specialized in Computer Networking and early adoption of new technologies.

Interests:3D Design, Scenery Creation for FSX, Photography. Programming.

I have FSX on Steam (new in 8/2015) and the 737 NGX (new in late 8/2015) and I am on Windows 8.1, i7-4790 16GB RAM.   The NGX worked well in the standard liveries but when I tried to apply a newly downloaded livery, FSX would crash (no message).   I was using a saved flight.  I tried to zero the flaps in the saved flight before applying the new livery but crash it did.   What worked was creating a new flight using the new livery.  So far, no crash.  Will test some more and if I discover anything interesting I will update this post.  

Eric Anderson

You are updating a four year old post?

Dan Downs KCRP