Sign in to follow this  
billg1949

Looking for a good vid card for FSX

i have a dual core 3.0ghz cpu w/ 4 gigs of memory. currently have an ATI 4670 in it. would like to get something better but not top top of the line (outside my budget). ATI or Nvidia are fine. have a 400 watt power supply. must be able to use the same mobo connector that the 4670 is already in since i dont know what kind of connector it is. Shocked.gifthanks...........Bill

That 4670 is a solid card, but you can look at 260 & 450 from Nvidia or a 5770 or 5850 from ATI for your system and that dual core is good. PSU will need an upgrade.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Okay. It could either be an AGP or a PCI depending on the age of the PC. See if you can find out what type of port it is

Okay that gives you a lot more possibilities of upgrading. I'd recommend max a GTX550 on that PSU.