Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

737NGX Saitek Switch Panel problem

Hello, I am experiencing a problem with the NGX and my Saitek Switch Panel. It works fine with all of my add-ons, but it doesn't work with the NGX. Are there any solutions for this problem? Thank-you for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It’s not totally compatible I’m afraid. If you get SPAD (Saitek Panels Advanced Drivers, which are better than the present Saitek drivers, do a google for SPAD driver) you can get some items to function. I have got the gear and the landing lights working, I’ve not had the time to investigate further as I only really wanted the gear to work. If you have the Saitek radio panel (or thinking about getting one) that works 100% via SPAD.

I can't get it working. SPAD is confusing me, can you please post some simple instructions? Thank-you.

Thanks,

Kevin L

I’m at work at the moment but will try and have a look at my setup tonight for you if I have time.From memory I think SPAD interacts with the NGX via what standard FSX keys are set (remember I’ve only played with this for a short while so I could be wrong). Gear FunctionThe NGX uses FSX’s standard “G” keyboard press to raise and lower the gear. If you programme SPAD to operate the gear leaver in both directions with the “G” key press the gear knob will work, also the lights function correctly which is quite nice. If you have the gear set different in FSX key strokes you will have to change it or set SPAD to the key command you have set. FSUPIC (full registered version) may also work but I went down the SPAD route. From memory … open SPAD (from the task bar if running), click the Panel tab at the top. Navigate to the section where you can set user inputs … you should see a large (ish) matrix of all commands for the buttons and select the gear options as required. The same works for the Landing Lights … I’ve not tried anything else yet as I haven’t had the time. Hope this helpsRich

SPAD and the registered version of FSUIPC are pretty much the only way to get full use out of any of the Saitek panels. Well, I say full use, but the displays on the autopilot panels won't read the NGX data. But at least the dials work once you set up mouse macros. It is, however, not a simple task, and I'm not sure I could even explain it. You really have to sort of just dig in to it.

Ok. Thank-you for your replies, I'll take a look if it works.

Thanks,

Kevin L

It seems that the landing gear function only works after I have been flying for a while. I have done the SPAD configuration as follows- SPAD- Saitek Switch Panel page- Setup- Gear Up (and Gear Down) - Event when switched ON (and off) - Keypress assigned to G for all four functions. Is this the correct way to program the Switch Panel via SPAD?

Thanks,

Kevin L