Sign in to follow this  
HenkA

PMDG 737NGX "too" realistic?

Hello, I made a number of test-flights from Zurich (LSZH) to Amsterdam (EHAM), using the same flightplan everytime. Flights were during daytime, dusk, and night.All flights were carried out at a max. flightlevel of FL300.When I make the flight, using ASE real-time weather, the flight is good. the programmed VNAV path is followed exactly, and the 737 reaches FL300 very easy.However, when I make the sime fkight, without ASE, I run into serious trouble. Above 10.000 ft, it seems that the plane looses its power, to climb further, and finally the calculated TOC comes behind the TOD.One difference, I noticed is that with ASE, the TAT goes down, during climb. Without ASE, the TAT does not go down. This could be an explanation. Still, I think, there are many 737NGX pilots, who fly without ASE, or another weather-generator.How do these pilots handle this behaviour, and keep enough power on the plane, to easely reach FL300?. Any feed-back is highly appreciated.Thanks in advance, and kind regards Henk Altena

One difference, I noticed is that with ASE, the TAT goes down, during climb. Without ASE, the TAT does not go down. This could be an explanation.
There must be something else going on with your FSX installation. Without ASE, using just standard FSX weather, the outside temperature should still decrease as you climb. Do you have FSInn / FSCopilot installed by any chance?

I have not experienced the TAT going to high flying without ASE, do you have FSUIPC maybe a setting in there, try clearing all weather before you fly. What TAT are you seeing at Flight levels

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

There must be something else going on with your FSX installation. Without ASE, using just standard FSX weather, the outside temperature should still decrease as you climb. Do you have FSInn / FSCopilot installed by any chance?
Hi Tom, Thanks for your feedback.Don't have FSinn/FSCopilot installed. Henk Altena

I agree with Tom, I used REX 2.0 but before it, when I used the default FSX weather my TAT decrease as I climb. There is probably something wrong with your FSX installation.

Raul

San Juan, P.R..

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge, NvidiaGTX1080, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 1000w Power supply, Corsair H100 cooler

http://www.youtube.c...75?feature=mhee

I have not experienced the TAT going to high flying without ASE, do you have FSUIPC maybe a setting in there, try clearing all weather before you fly. What TAT are you seeing at Flight levels
Hello Wayne. Thanks for the feedback.I did not say, that the TAT goes up, simply not down. FSUIPC could be a cause, not sure. I need a registered version of the newest FSPUIC, to be able to run the LINDA module, which I need to use my MCP-Combo (VRInsight). The FSUIPC.ini has a lot of weather entries. I will check this out, and report back.Thanks very much for the help. Henk Altena

sorry i misread your post, hope you find the issue

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

But, still... Did you make sure that before you start the flight, you selected a weather theme?

Cristi Neagu

But, still... Did you make sure that before you start the flight, you selected a weather theme?
Cristi Thanks for the feedback. In fact, I did not use a weather theme. Will try it out. Regards, Henk Altena

I had this problem a while back. I set as default a flight which used ActiveSky weather. It worked ok, but when i decided to do a flight without ActiveSky, I would get very high outside temperature all the way up into the flight levels. The weather themes, even "clear", that come with FSX take care of that. They set up temperature layers according to altitude. I think that this comes from the fact that ActiveSky is constantly adjusting FSX OAT. It works very well, but when ActiveSky fails, the temperature stays constant all the way up.

Cristi Neagu

It is probably FSINN which is notable for the High Temps. If it is 40C outside you will never make it to Cruise Altitude. Make sure FSINN Weather is off if your using it.

Activesky Express Card, Don't leave the gate without it.
LOL.gif

Hello,Got some more information, which could bring up suggestions. FLIGHT LSZH-EHAM at dusk in summer.TAT temperatures without ASE:LSZH ground: TAT +12CAt 4000ft: +17CAt 10.000ft: +25CAt FL150: +31CAt FL200: +35CAt FL250: +39C TAT temperatures with ASE:LSZH ground: +20CAt 4000ft: +29CAt 10.000ft: +19CAt FL150: +16CAt FL200: +6CAt FL250: -2CAt FL300: -18C The weather section in my FSX.CFG file: The weather screen in my FSX-Settings: Hope for help.Regards,Henk Altena

Are you flying online with FSinn? If so make sure weather is disabled with FSinn and you press the "CAVOK" button on the CP.

The same happened to me once.I choosed a weather theme in FS and the TAT was really high at altitude.With AES or the "clear weather" theme in FS, everything is ok ! Yes, with FS only (no FSinn or anything), some weather themes screw things up.

sorry i misread your post, hope you find the issue
Hello Wayne,I have toexcuse me, because of my mistake. As you can see in my other post with more info, temperarures are indeed going up, during climb. To all: I never used FSInn. I will try everything again, using the clear weather theme in FSX.Thanks so much for all experiences and advices, you gave. Regards,Henk Altena