Sign in to follow this  
HenkA

Very happy with LINDA - still one question though

Hello, After a couple of beginner problems, with which I was helped by the forum members, I can say now that I'm quite happy with this add-on!im Not Worthy.gifIt's so flexible. Other than using the FSX control settings to set up my yokes, which the don't work with PMDG aircraft, with LINDA that's possible now.Thanks to the developers of this add-on. One question though: If I load a previous saved flight, then suddenly my old FSX control settings are back again, and the standard.XML file has changed back.Is there an easy way to prevent this, or must I save all those flights again?. Thanks for any help on this. Henk Altena

I never heard that with flights loading, the standard.xml changes??? Do you use any funky tool to start your FSX like FSGo or whatever?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you installed FSX to a none default folder like C:\FSX and turned off UAC completely? If not then things like this can happen because FSX was not designed to run on Vista or Windows 7 even though they will have you believe it was written specifically for Vista, balderdash I say, they couldn't even fix the Windows Aero theme having to be disabled to get it to run properly.

Cheers, Andy.

Hello, Those saved flights are made before I installed LINDA. As far as I know, but maybe I'm wrong, lots of settings are saved, and after reloading activated again. Perhaps also the then used yoke buttons????? Andy, I run Win7 64bit. UAC is turned off, since I installed Win7. I hat tis stuff, really not necessary (MicrosoftLove.gif ).FSX is installed on its own harddisk, with nothing else. Thanks for the feed-back anyway. I will try to load another "before LINDA" flight, and look again what's happening. Will report back then. Kinde regards,Henk Altena

Hello Henk, Andy. I've recently installed 'Linda' and have a similar problem. Everytime I start FSX I find that a couple of the default joystick button assignments have somehow got back into FSX even after I deleted them before I shut down FSX previously. This is before loading a flight. Everything was fine before I installed 'Linda'. So I delete the assignments again in FSX and save then exit FSX then restart FSX and those same assignments are back again. I will try and disable 'Linda' and see what happens. Martin.

Martin Stacey.

Hi Martin, strange issue.Hope you'll report back hwat happens without LINDA... A bullet proof method is to edit the standard.xml in the controls folder.For more information please have a look into the LINDA manula

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester