Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

New VC10 Panel

Thanks a lot!Will try it out ASAP, when some free time is available. It looks like a lot of work was put into it.

Which VC10 is this for, that is, if there is more then one of them. I glanced over the download description and didn't see that info there...am I just missing it? So please advise and thanks!Mark

Congratulations on the release! Been waiting for this one since you announced it. We used to see VC-10 tankers around Tucson when the RAF would visit for exercises, but they've been sadly absent the last few years.

John G.

The ND I can see at the left of INS1... where is this gauge from? Looks like a good gouge, but it feels weird in a vintage aircraft, specially when the panel is well done ;) Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Which VC10 is this for, that is, if there is more then one of them. I glanced over the download description and didn't see that info there...am I just missing it? So please advise and thanks! Mark
It's for the David Maltby VC-10. This is in the readme file, but I agree, it should be in the download description.

Graeme Butler

Thanks Graeme! I don't think those post descriptions can be edited on the fly as well. I believe that you have to start an email train with the library managers to make any changes. At the least the aircraft is freeware and it looks like pretty nice freeware on top of it...think I'll grab me a copy :)Mark

Yes - DM's VC10 is the best model available, but unfortunately he never added a virtual cockpit to this one (unlike some of his other jets).

Graeme Butler

Yep...it must be a lot of work then. I always tip my hat to these guys who do this stuff for free. True hobbyists and what a benefit for the flight simulator community! I actually flew on a BOAC VC-10 between Heathrow and da Vinci back in the very early 70's. I was a plane spotter back then and with no internet available, (and still being rather short at the time), had never seen a large passenger jet with a four engine tail.So it should be fun to fly...shake out some memories from those old cobwebs. Thanks Mr. Weber for the new panel, thanks Mr. Liberista for the heads up, and thanks Graham for the help!Mark

The panel and check lists will do for both the Standard and Super. Not the RAF version. i'm still working on that.vololiberista

The ND I can see at the left of INS1... where is this gauge from? Looks like a good gouge, but it feels weird in a vintage aircraft, specially when the panel is well done ;) Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel
You will see that gauge in the currently flying RAF VC10's. As said in my documentation, the intention was to update the civilian panel to current specifications as if "it" were still flying today.vololiberista
Congratulations on the release! Been waiting for this one since you announced it. We used to see VC-10 tankers around Tucson when the RAF would visit for exercises, but they've been sadly absent the last few years.
Take a short holiday to Cyprus!!! While the Libya conflict is ongoing!vololiberista

It's for the David Maltby VC-10. This is in the readme file, but I agree, it should be in the download description.
I've updated the description to say that its for the David Maltby VC-10 and where it can be obtained from.
Hope you enjoy it!vololiberista
Its a fantastic panel update. Thanks again!I'll be spending a lot of free time in the DM VC-10 again.

I've updated the description to say that its for the David Maltby VC-10 and where it can be obtained from.
Thanks for doing that. I'm sorry the description was not very clear.vololiberista

I have had DM's models for a very long time. The updated VC10 panel to include the CIVA has some errors, in that that for the guages the cfg is still showing where the designer has his guages!!! Hence the CIVA is not showing up. Perhaps we should have a complete re-upload so that it can install correctly? ThankS Here: gauge63=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!Config, 0,0,100,99,DM_VC10gauge64=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!CduPanelIconL, 523,948,20,20,41gauge65=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!MSU1, 1068,0,230,60gauge66=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!MSU2, 1069,62,230,60gauge67=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!CDU1, 888,786,190,155gauge68=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!CDU2, 1088,785,190,155 and here: gauge74=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!UpdateFlags, 982,63,88,57gauge75=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!NavModeDual, 991,4,60,47 and here: gauge08=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!Adeu1, 0,484,126,62gauge09=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!Adeu2, 1,547,126,62 and here: gauge00=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9/civa/INS!Cdu11, 0,0,200,158gauge01=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9/civa/INS!Cdu21, 200,0,200,158

Edited by sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

The CIVA gauges all work correctly. Are you using vers.1.51? Check your CIVA installation paths. Also try replacing"F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\" with "../"The installation paths shown below are correct if you have installed CIVA 1.51 properly. Otherwise replace them with your own installation paths. As said all the gauges show up and function correctly. Some of the gauges "are" in the original positions! intentionally.vololiberista PS some gauges don't work if they are too close to the edge. So you can change the -1 below to 1 if that helps The references in the cfg are:-Window00=Main Panelgauge60=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!Config, 1,-1,100,99,DM_VC10gauge61=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!CduPanelIconL, 500,948,20,20,41gauge62=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!MSU1, 1068,0,230,60gauge63=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!MSU2, 1069,62,230,60gauge64=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!CDU1, 888,786,190,155gauge65=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!CDU2, 1088,786,190,155 gauge67=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!UpdateFlags, 982,63,88,57gauge68=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!NavModeDual, 991,4,60,47 Window01=Radio Stackgauge08=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!Adeu1, 0,484,126,62gauge09=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\civa\INS!Adeu2, 1,547,126,62 Window08=INS Mode Select Unitsgauge00=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9/civa/INS!Cdu11, 0,0,200,158gauge01=F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9/civa/INS!Cdu21, 200,0,200,158