Sign in to follow this  
pyro

Grey square around aircraft in outside (back)view! Repost!

Dear pilots, This is a repost, please have a look at the picture. What is causing the large grey square and the texture problem? It's already appearing in selection screen, except voor landing lights no other exterior lights work. Tried several un/install, no solution.

Regards,

FS Drijver

Hi nameless! (plese sign your name. Easier for others) You´ll have to give us your comp. specs. / Leffe

Hello Leffe, Well, it's not a high end system anymore, Intell E6750 2.66 GHz dualcore, Nvidia GT9600, W7 64b, 3 Gb RAM, but gives no trouble at all when flying the 747400. Have seen textures messed up when flying the Level-D, probably caused by overheated graphics card? This problem starts even before flying. Any idea? Grz Fred

Regards,

FS Drijver

Hello Leffe, Well, it's not a high end system anymore, Intell E6750 2.66 GHz dualcore, Nvidia GT9600, W7 64b, 3 Gb RAM, but gives no trouble at all when flying the 747400. Have seen textures messed up when flying the Level-D, probably caused by overheated graphics card? This problem starts even before flying. Any idea? Grz Fred
Have you put the HIGHMEMFIX=1 entry in the [GRAPICS] section of your FSX.cfg? DJ

Fred!Yes, not the most powerful, but I think you can run FSX, but with less detail in FSX though.I think you should start with minium input of the slider in FSX as a start point.If all is fine then, you could work your way up with the slider.Also the Highmemfix as DJ suggested is very important./ Leffe

I think that's the best way to find out if it's a memory issue. However it's very strange that, except for the landig lights, exterior (flashing) lights don't work at all. Thanks for you replies.

Regards,

FS Drijver

....Also try to run in Window mode, instead of fullscren.I guess, you don´t need any Vsync=1 then...set it to 0 in cfg then./Leffe

Sorry, no effect at all......... I have no idea what's happening but untill this is fixe I'm grounded! Let's wait and see if anyone else has a clue. Grz Fred

Regards,

FS Drijver

I'm not a expert but I think these is a video card issue, I have a low end computer several month back and I have the same problem. I found out the problem was my video card. I upgrade my computer to a high end computer with a good video card and the problem despaired. So all I can tell you tried to lower your graphics to a lower settings. I hope this help you.

Fernando A. Maldonado