Sign in to follow this  
559AS

OLM7 arrival KSEA CTD with ORBX

I've been freeze and CTD free for several flights now including some over 6+ hours in length. For some reason I've experience 2 CTD while on the OLM 7 arrival into KSEA while in transition between ARVAD and FOURT. ORBX scenery is in use, as well as REX. This happened on back to back flights from KSMF. First flt was a full CTD, second was a FSX hang that I had to force quit after about 5 minutes. Anyone else had this issue under the conditions described above? I've only had this with the NGX. Can someone fly and confirm?

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

I frequently get CTD's in the vicinity of KSEA with Orbix scenery with a variety of addon aircraft. I have not even tried to land in KSEA with the PMDG because of my experience with less demanding addons. Not sure if what you are experiencing is PMDG specific. Try disabling the Orbix PNW scenery and see if you still get the CTD's at KSEA. The combination of high resolution scenery, high density autogen, weather, and a complex aircraft simulation seems to overwhelm FSX. I now fly the NGX mostly in non Orbix parts of the world. I also experienced and NGX crash flying from YBBN to YBCS in Australia so the problem is not limited to just the PNW. My crash log always flags the infamous g3d.dll as the offending module.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I frequently get CTD's in the vicinity of KSEA with Orbix scenery with a variety of addon aircraft. I have not even tried to land in KSEA with the PMDG because of my experience with less demanding addons. Not sure if what you are experiencing is PMDG specific. Try disabling the Orbix PNW scenery and see if you still get the CTD's at KSEA. The combination of high resolution scenery, high density autogen, weather, and a complex aircraft simulation seems to overwhelm FSX. I now fly the NGX mostly in non Orbix parts of the world. I also experienced and NGX crash flying from YBBN to YBCS in Australia so the problem is not limited to just the PNW. My crash log always flags the infamous g3d.dll as the offending module.
I think Ryan might like to know about that !!!

Read here. You need to sign in,http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/33032-an-open-letter-to-orbx-re-g3ddll-errors-in-pnw/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I was getting a consistent g3d.dll crash on finals at Renton. Disabled Vashon airstrip scenery as recommended on the ORBX forums by one of their beta testers and its been fine since...

Vashon really? That would make since as the OLM7 arrival does take you close to Vashon, and I've flown several other flights using other SIDS and STARS in and out of SEA in the NGX without issue. Ill try that tonight when I get home.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Wow, that was easy! Disabled the ORBX Vashon strip, and flew the OLM7 arrival into SEA without a hitch. Thanks for the help!!

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

You're welcome mate. There's loads of good tips over there on the ORBX forums (like on here for NGX). Required reading if you want to save yourself time and strife and get the most out of their stuff.