Sign in to follow this  
Don Emerson

Auto brake disarm

Hi gang,I am having a auto brake disarm warning light. The quick reference handbook 14.3 said to deselect and reset but that does not work. It goes on to say do not take off with this warning.Anyone come across this problem are how to solve it. the failures are all turned off.Don Emerson

Hi gang,I am having a auto brake disarm warning light. The quick reference handbook 14.3 said to deselect and reset but that does not work. It goes on to say do not take off with this warning.Anyone come across this problem are how to solve it. the failures are all turned off.Don Emerson
Maybe you would have to check your HYD pumps?

Make sure the Yaw Damper is On.
yaw damper is a rudder function that is not linked in any way to the brakes.What is your selection on the autobrake selector? For take off the only avaiable setting is RTO.With light on you can still take off as the autobrake is an auto feature, but the plane can slow also manually.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Thanks for all the replys. It was just a brain freeze on my part. On the ground the only selection is RTO in the air you can select the setting you need. That is what I get for moving the selector to other than RTO on the ground. DaaaaaaCheers,Don Emerson

When the Auto brake switch is selected to RTO the Auto Brake Disarm light will illuminate for a couple of seconds, it tells you that the Autobrake system is performing a self test, The Autobrake Disarm light then goes OFF if there is no system faults. But make sure that the Thrust lever are at Idle, otherwise the Autobrake Disarm light stay's illuminated. When the AUTO BRAKE DISARM light is illuminate Then the AUTOBRAKE system is disarmed and no automatic braking is possible. To reset this move the AUTOBRAKE switch to OFF and back to RTO.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer