Sign in to follow this  
Aris11b

Boeing,Boeing ,GONE!

Well this post will more than likely get me flamed, but so be it. I've been a memeber here since 09. I've posted a few questions and answered a few from time to time. I don't have a great deal of time to be on the forums as much these days due to the fact I work in airport operations at Hobby (KHOU) and it's very time consuming. Another reason I'm also not spending much time here is that the flight sim world has become..well..rather BOEING. In other words Boeing 737. I see this aircraft every single day 737,737,737. It's all SWA flys. Air Tran was once my only diversion from the boring 737, "since they have 717's in their fleet', but that to is slowly becoming a thing of the past now that they have their 737 coming on line. The only saving grace now is Delta's CRJ-700 ( maybe 6 to 10 flights a day,for the entire day ), Jet Blue's A320 ( 4 to 6 flight the entire day ) and Frontier's A319 ( maybe 4 flights a day ). It's just SWA 737's ALL DAY LONG. From 5AM to well past Midnight. So you see what I deal with every day for 8 hrs 5 days a week. What does this have to do with flightsimming??? Everything. The flight sim world has become boring to tears with BOEING 737's. Before anyone starts to think this is written in order to have someone do a repaint for me or make a certain type of aircraft for me...stop now. I know how to do repaints, as for the modeling of a new aircraft, I barely have time for repaints as it is, and have not acquired that skill to do modeling. On any given day on any of the flight sim sites " not just this one " you will find more than a half a dozen or more repaints for the 737. Sim makers(retailers), freeware aircraft model makers, make more new versions of the 737 than they do of any other type of aircraft. WHY?!?!?! It's just plain boring. Really do we need every single model of a 737 that Boeing has made( 200,300,400,600 ) and a repaint of the same old boring airline paint scheme? I don't know the exact figures of just how many different types of aircraft there are actually flying in the real world today, but why are we not seeing any of these other types made? Flight sim aircraft model makers, both retail and freeware make 737's and A320 series type aircraft all the time, and I don't see on the forums on any of the sites about a cease and desist. So why are we not seeing other types of aircraft? Yes I know about Gulf Stream and their UNwillingness to join the flight sim world..." the G series is overated in my opinion", but there are other aircraft out there to be made. If I had the time to LEARN model making I would trust me. But there are those out there that do know how to make aircraft and are masters at it. WOW to get my hands on a IAI Westwind 1 1124, a beautiful, fast aircraft that is no longer in production and there are few of these flying every year, one of our FBO's recently shipped one out to be cannabalized for another 1124, how about a T-37 "Tweety" for FSX, or P-47D ' not the razorback, but the bubble canopy" , not sure about a cease and desist on this one , but a Hawker 850 which is another one that should be in the sim world. Those are just a few and I'm more than sure there are those out there who could come up with even more. A point I'm trying to make here is this. NEW aircraft types, NEW repaints for aircraft OTHER THAN a 737. This is our world and we have a pretty big voice in it. How many Northwwest, American, Delta, Continental aka United etc do we really need? If your putting it on an aircraft that's not in that airlines inventory, GREAT!!, but do we really need 10 or 15 UNITED 737's Since this is our world we should be more creative, make a new United or Northwest, Southwest what ever airline you wish, just come out with a new scheme use you imagination, remeber this is our world to create in. One thing I have learned about repainting myself is that to copy/paste a logo from some major airline is a piece of cake, it's not that difficult, really it's not. That is not in anyway intened to be rude. I 've talk with several repainters here and on other forms, and I think those I've talked with, about repainting would agree. How many memebers have been to this site? http://www.cardatabase.net/modifieda...main?type=Fake. There are a ton of schemes here I would love to see in our world. Getting a hold of some of the designers for permission on the other hand can be a chore, most I've tried to contact have not responded, and I will not repaint without the artists permission. This is where we should be now in our world. New, wild, imaginative, bold repaints with a flare. It doesn't matter one bit if it's a fictional paint scheme or not, but we shouldn't be making these new schemes just for a 737. I would bet there are more repaints out there for the 737 than any other aircraft in the flight sim world. How about some new repaints for the Lear 45 or the King Air, even the CRJ-700. I've seen some really wild paint jobs where I work on these aircraft that are in the hands of private owners, even a few 717's. Repaints don't always have to bold and wild thou, sometimes a subtle paint scheme works just as well. A private CRJ-700 with a few wave lines in different colors would be something new that's not out there. I've got 2 CRJ-700's in the works right now, as a private ownership type aircraft. To give you an ideal where I'm trying to get to, us to, check out the AVATAR repaint done by Jon Murchison. Yeah I know its a 737. But not only is it a fictional repaint, but it is also a unique design, the word "AVATAR" lights up at night. Sure wish he'd do this for a Airbus or an ATR. I thought about doing this repaint myself just for me, personnally, but I haven't figured out how to make the words light up at light, and I will never repaint someone else's design without their permission to do so. This is were I would love to see the flight sim world move to. Unique, fictional one of a kind paint schemes, and newer types of aircraft. As far as my repaints, here are 2, both of which are in their final stages for weathering and minor touch ups.. both are ATR 72 -500's by ISDT. One is a Brussels fictional that will end up being named " Winter Wonderland", the other is a somewhat fictional repaint of a REX airlines paint scheme, the tail is the new part of the repaint. If you notice and have a ISDT aircraft in your inventory there are new panel lines, rivets, markings and warning decals. By the way, there is "NO WAY" am I claiming to be the flight sim worlds end all be all repainter, there are some truly gifted repaint artist out there, but this is why it takes me so long in making a repaint. Attention to details matters to me, just like it does for other repainters. So when you ask for a repaint, now you know why it take so long, especially if it's a special or fictional type paint scheme. And sorry.. but I won't do any repaints for a 737. Now before someone gets in a tiff...I have nothing against Boeing per say, just 737's. I have in inventory 717's, 757's and Triple 7's, BUT. I also like to fly the A330's and ATR's the Lear and King Air. I fly my combat aircraft like the Tomcat, the F-22, the Tornado GR4, the F-16, and the "B-52 and the 47 which I believe are portovers"..both which are Boeings..see I told you I didn't have anything against Boeing. JUST THE 737's. There is nothing wrong what so ever in my opinion with a fictional repaint or a "what if" type paint scheme, doesn't matter if it's for a commerical airline, a combat fighter, or an old WWII era plane. Heck let's bring back some airlines that are not in operation anymore. Slap a new paint scheme or design on a 757 or a A321. It costs nothing to try, other than the free time you put in it. Who knows, you just might come up with something that an existing airline might want to do to their fleet, or you might come up with a new repaint that gets 10,000 downloads. All I will ask is this, imagine, create, something new, for something other than the same old boring BOEING 737. Thanks for listening and the time YOU took to read this rant. LET THE FLAMING BEGIN........... Peace and cheers, Ari

I would agree on creativity and somethng new, even something that could be redone in a creative way. As an example, I have always loved the realair sf260 and still fly it a bunch today. A very popular model for both fs9 and 10, and realair, well ...what can you say, they just put out a nice aircraft. But... why not bring it out again but with something new added like bug splats or a maintenance schedule? There have been so many popular aircraft in the past, and there is aloto still room in my opinion for redo's. Look back at some of the great a/c that have been modeled and do something new with it. I would buy the sf260 again if it showed a little wear and tear inside and a few bug splats. It was and is a great plane so take advantage of that and add in something. Also, there have been quite a few experimental "homebuilt- kits planes" offered over the years. Yes some devs have modeled these but really have not put alot of effort into them. There is alot out there to choose from, so why not do something different. Bob

Ari I can understand why some people would not like the fictional liverys at least with airliners they just prefer to fly in a realistic way with a livery that was really panted on the aircraft before or the current livery the Boeing 737 is just a very popular plane I think it looks cool its not my favorite airliner that goes to the DC-10 ever since I was small boy always loved that Design my other ones are the B717 and md-80 etc etc lucky we have the Dc-9 from coolsky coming up the CRJ from aerosoft, feelthere has the Embraer ejets, erj ,and now the phenom jets coming up.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I work for a major airline at KDFW. I work Boeings, Airbuses, Embraers. So what. This is a hobby. We didn't have any decent 737's for FSX. Now we have a couple NG's and a legacy 737 on the way. Don't fly them.There are a ton of other aircraft you can fly.

NAX669.png

This has been a reoccurring problem since the dawn of both freeware and payware add-on's. The obsessive behavior of customers points to airliners so payware developers go in that direction. GA and BizAv has always been the neglected redheaded stepchild of the virtual aviation world despite the fact that the overwhelming number of daily real world flights are GA and Bizjets. Fortunately for those of us who feel the same way you do, that the virtual world has far too many flavors of every type of variation of airliner flying today. The GA markets seem to be picking up in our virtual world. We have some nice planes out today and more coming. I agree again a nicely done Hawker 800/850/900 would be awesome if done to quality payware standards.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I too am personally bored to death of Boeings (there are some great add-ons out there but they still start to put me to sleep after a while. I still keep buying them though. lol). I can't wait for the QW BAE146! I have also started gaining a lot more interest in General Aviation in FSX (thanks, Orbx, Carenado, and RealAir!).

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I don't really see the problem. For FSX we now have two NGX products, one classic 737 (300/400/500) series coming and one original 737 (100/200) series coming. The reason they are all being done is because they are all different in mode of operation. Different levels of automation and information display, which makes it interesting to some of us. Some of us. That doesn't mean everybody needs to like it. For all those of you who don't want to fly that plane, there are actually is a lot of choose on other planes you can fly. The entire Airbus family exist, but also the is a ERJ-145, EMB-170/175/190/195, a CRJ-700/900 is on the way, the Boeing 707, 727, 747 series, 757, 767, Many classic airliners like the Comet, the MD-11, MD-80, DC-10, lots of Cessnas courtesy of Carenado, the Dash-8, the DHC-6, the DHC-2, the BN-2 and on and on and on. The choice is enormous. You don't have to fly a 737 if you don't want to... As for repaints you, again, are entitled to fly and paint whatever you wish. I fly the livery as it looks in reality because that's what I want: certain amount of realism, and that means flying the correct plane in the correct livery between the correct two airports. That's just a different flying style, and to each his own. If your style is different, so be it. But to start a separate thread to say how that is unimaginative and uncreative? Perhaps it is, but I don't really care. As I said, that's my flying style. I'm not offended or anything, I'm simply wondering about the real point of this thread and whether or not it belongs in the repaint forum.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Do they allow 'Rant's' in the repaint forum?LOL.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png

I am in total agreement i would like to see that i started with xplane but then ported over because there weren't enough addons and it wasn't accepted as widely but that is one thing that has disappointed me about fs i again agree totally!

Err.... I believe I see THREE current 737 products for FSX and, let me count now, 256... (and still counting) other aircraft. Am I missing something?

Man, i would give anything to have the time and energy to worry about things like this in life...Seriously, someone needs a perspective check...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Interesting Ari! Although it may not have been your intention but quite the opposite, you make one of the strongest cases FOR the Boeing 737 that could be made. Respectfully:RTH