Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

What do you want to see different in Flight from FSX?

I can name several. Keep the ground texture is good as it is high up as it is close to the ground, More realistic default aircraft, ATC that is not dumb, Have the game programmed so that weather radars actually work and dont just show clouds, and much more! what about you guys?

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

Since there's been no new news in forever we might as well start a new discussion. Obviously, performance is priority. Better ground textures, higher resolutions, and autogen placed better. Night environments need a complete rework and even though some addons help in FSX, it's still not right. More detailed ATC is a big thing for me. I like airport ops so anything that adds more immersion when on the ground is big for me. More vehicles, more detailed jetways, something simulates actual loading and unloading somehow, better building textures/window textures so you don't park and feel like your staring into a single black pixel on top of a brown/blue pixel. Better system for human movement. If I want to get up and walk around the cockpit and outside for the preflight check I should be able to. I've also always felt that the zoom system was odd. I can never find what level feels natural and doesn't skew perspective. A better system for feeling flight forces such as vibrations on the ground, g's, turbulence etc. I don't want to have to need a 3rd party program for this. It should be modeled from the get go. I really don't care about the default planes to be honest. Addons will always fill that void.

Honestly the list of things we want different from FSX is HUGE... this thread could go on for eternity... it would be better to ask; What do you want kept the same in FLIGHT as it is in FSX?

Honestly the list of things we want different from FSX is HUGE... this thread could go on for eternity... it would be better to ask; What do you want kept the same in FLIGHT as it is in FSX?
you should start that thread ... the OP wanted to know the changes Straight Face.gif

you should start that thread ... the OP wanted to know the changes Straight%20Face.gif
Yes I realize this, it was more of a rhetorical question of sorts on my part.

Ah, I see FSX is crap too. I think you are in the wrong hobby.

HelloJudging by how the PMDG NGX is bumping up against the limits of 32bit FSX, Flight! really needs to be 64 bit if we are to move forward.

I think Microsoft should future proof better than a measly 64 bits; I say Windows 8 and Microsoft Flight should both be 128 bits.

Ah, I see FSX is crap too. I think you are in the wrong hobby.
Is this directed at me?If it was; Why, what hobby is the right one? and FSX is crap too along with what game? FLIGHT? Nobody can possibly say FLIGHT is crap. Sorry, I don't understand your statement, I might be confused and it is completely unrelated.

No, not at you! We had a troll and his posts have been removed leading to this confusion!!

I had a long list which I have forgotten but here is what things I remember I would love to see different in MS Flight with regards to FSX.

• A true open kneeboard. Some virtual airlines as well as add-on developers used in FS9 a nice kneeboard information system. It would be nice that the SDK allowed add-on developers to add their own kneeboard "tab page".
  • A propper implementation of Transition Altitude. In many parts of the world the TA is not 18,000 ft as it is in the US. This makes use of certain add-ons difficult, specially those that "grade" you in-flight. Since the BGLs already contain a LOT of information about airports, why not include an extra field indicating the Transition Altitude? This is really a country-related setting more than an on-airport-basis.
  • An exportable logbook or at least open. The current one doesn't allow mass editing. In my system many flights were accidentally recorded as flown in 2006 only because I had unchecked the "Use System Time" setting.
  • Paint kits for default aircrafts
  • Ability to hide the yoke on the virtual cockpit. Many times these yokes get on the way of active switches and displays thus making it difficult. A virtual pilot doesn't have the luxury of leaning above the yoke to reach for a switch.
  • To be able to TOTALLY replace the information (full override) of a default airport. Many times outside US the airports are just so POORLY depicted that one is forced to totally replace them. Unfortunately sometimes the information is just totally wrong but there is no way to totally override it without major drudgery. For example in Panama FSX has many PXnn airports when some of them have real ICAO codes. With add-ons then two airports appear, the one with the default (and wrong) name and the add-on.
  • Hopefully an easy way to upgrade native FSX add-on scenery to MS FLight without having to spend endless hours using new tools. Otherwise it will take long for people to migrate to MS Flight. I have spent over a year developing for FSX sceneries.
  • A more realistic water color, this nuclear-plant or medicine-looking water color in FSX is just surreal! it is ok for real reefs but not for the entire see.
  • Make it easier to create custom landclasses, those for latinamerica or tropical regions are just unfit.
  • Fix the Non-perennial water classes, in FSX all inland lakes have the same blue water as the reef-looking sea. In real life lakes have dark green colors.
  • A new realism setting by which opening the doors in-flight (except perhaps at certain speeds and on certain a/c) becomes a fatal crash. Though this one isn't particularly important.
  • A better Garmin G1000. The G1000 used in FSX doesn't support ADF and is missing many features that make it nearly useless.

I see Jim, sorry for the confusion laugh.png it seemed really out of place... now I know why.

Here's one from me - Flight telling you runway usage beforehand. Using Radar Contact or Topcat for example is a crapshoot at an airport with multiple runways especially if the winds are calm and or variable as you can end up doing preflight for entirely the wrong departure.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.