Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

AoA's First Training Video Now Available

I don't expect them to give us dates and stick to them precisely. What would be helpful is a simple aspirational time line--one that is "subject to change." There is no reason they shouldn't be able to do that.
Judging by your last sentence, you at least understand my point. An analogy would be helpful: Imagine you wanted to see a new movie at your local movie theater. But, your local movie theater doesn't post show times. Instead, they require that you come to the box office and buy a ticket. When you arrive at the box office, you ask the clerk for a schedule of show times. The clerk tells you that the next showing should be starting in the few weeks, with show starting approximately every 12 to 18 hours or so thereafter (but, they can't be more precise than that because they have real lives). When you ask for a schedule, the clerk says that's the best she can do. Alas, the theater is kind enough to offer updates on a continuous basis so that you can get a better sense of timing. You request such an update, and the clerk tells you that you must first buy a ticket. Now, what kind of sense does that make? Trevor
P E R F E K T. Thats what i been saying for weeks now. They need to give the people a schedeule or at elast a timeline so we know whats coming up!

I'll let you know how Caution and Warning goes then when it comes out then. Looking forward to it!Given that I have watched the Aircraft Lighting section about 8 times already and (I might add) have used some of the newly-gotten knowledge already in some of my flights this week I have no problems with repeats. Hurrah!As for summaries, bring them on. Nick is structuring the content to form a proper lesson. Not intended as a slight on any previous work from AoA as I have not seen them, but I fully get where Nick is going with this format. I train people myself and it's a real talent to not only engage a student visually with (dare I say it?) CBT but to get them to fully take in the concepts and content takes some good old-fashioned cognitive "suggestion". Words are very powerful when used correctly. Sorry for the perhaps overly-deep comment but it makes the difference between training that was "Meh" and "Great".Kind regardsJames Gillies

Judging by your last sentence, you at least understand my point. An analogy would be helpful: Imagine you wanted to see a new movie at your local movie theater. But, your local movie theater doesn't post show times. Instead, they require that you come to the box office and buy a ticket. When you arrive at the box office, you ask the clerk for a schedule of show times. The clerk tells you that the next showing should be starting in the few weeks, with show starting approximately every 12 to 18 hours or so thereafter (but, they can't be more precise than that because they have real lives). When you ask for a schedule, the clerk says that's the best she can do. Alas, the theater is kind enough to offer updates on a continuous basis so that you can get a better sense of timing. You request such an update, and the clerk tells you that you must first buy a ticket. Now, what kind of sense does that make? Trevor
no ones is forcing you to purchase their product so dont see the big deal

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

no ones is forcing you to purchase their product so dont see the big deal
Congratulations on stating the obvious. I never alleged that anyone's being forced to subscribe to the training. I'm providing my thoughts about the AoA product because this is a thread about AoA's NGX training. Similarly, many people have voiced gripes about this, that or the other thing having to do with the NGX on this forum. Why? I'm no expert, but my guess is that it's because THIS IS AN NGX FORUM. Shocker!How do you respond to the posters who have complained about the NGX (bugs, crashes, etc.)? Should we tell them to go away since nobody forced them to buy the NGX? Perhaps you are proposing some arbitrary distinction between i) complaining once you've spent your money and ii) the concern that I've put into protecting my investment before spending my money. If that's the case, do we all need to buy the AoA training (or the NGX, as the case may be) in order to "earn the right" to discuss with others whether or not we should have spent the money in the first place?Your logic in any case is juvenile. The more interesting question is why you care--which you presumably do, given that you took the time to write such a thoughtful post. Trevor

P E R F E K T. Thats what i been saying for weeks now. They need to give the people a schedeule or at elast a timeline so we know whats coming up!
Oh man.....I can´t hear it anymore...sorry. IF you want to know whats up next, you can look at the main page for the training, where you can purchase it. There you will see what is coming next... Once again.....you won´t get any other schedule or timeline than that one.

Congratulations on stating the obvious. I never alleged that anyone's being forced to subscribe to the training. I'm providing my thoughts about the AoA product because this is a thread about AoA's NGX training. Similarly, many people have voiced gripes about this, that or the other thing having to do with the NGX on this forum. Why? I'm no expert, but my guess is that it's because THIS IS AN NGX FORUM. Shocker! How do you respond to the posters who have complained about the NGX (bugs, crashes, etc.)? Should we tell them to go away since nobody forced them to buy the NGX? Perhaps you are proposing some arbitrary distinction between i) complaining once you've spent your money and ii) the concern that I've put into protecting my investment before spending my money. If that's the case, do we all need to buy the AoA training (or the NGX, as the case may be) in order to "earn the right" to discuss with others whether or not we should have spent the money in the first place? Your logic in any case is juvenile. The more interesting question is why you care--which you presumably do, given that you took the time to write such a thoughtful post. Trevor
Than why dont you complain in the AOA forum than , you mite get more sucess than in here.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Oh man.....I can´t hear it anymore...sorry. IF you want to know whats up next, you can look at the main page for the training, where you can purchase it. There you will see what is coming next... Once again.....you won´t get any other schedule or timeline than that one.
Oliver,keep cool. All i do is providing my thoughts about the training because this is a thread about AoA's NGX training. So calm down.Thinks on this planet only change when people take their chance and ask for things that are not theire yet. So ive you dont want a schedule, than thats fine for me. But respect my will and the will of the other cutomers!
Than why dont you complain in the AOA forum than , you mite get more sucess than in here.
I dont get your point here. This a a thread abpout the AoA Training. His post is absolutly welcome here.And bleieve me, here he will get mor sucess ;-)

Oliver,keep cool. All i do is providing my thoughts about the training because this is a thread about AoA's NGX training. So calm down.Thinks on this planet only change when people take their chance and ask for things that are not theire yet. So ive you dont want a schedule, than thats fine for me. But respect my will and the will of the other cutomers! I dont get your point here. This a a thread abpout the AoA Training. His post is absolutly welcome here.And bleieve me, here he will get mor sucess ;-)
My point was that since pmdg dont make the training videos AOA do. So that like me going in the aoa forum and posting any ngx problems i mite have.

Peter kelberg

I dont get your point here. This a a thread abpout the AoA Training. His post is absolutly welcome here.And bleieve me, here he will get mor sucess ;-)
Actually, this is a thread about AoA training availability wink.png
Agreed. There is plenty of info on the AoA site if people would just read it (yes, it is available to non-paying customers). There is no timeline unfortunately. Historically even PMDG don't publish accurate timescales; we all know why. AoA have been very open about when videos are likely to be available. The aim of this thread is to keep those who haven't 'bought into' the product in the loop.

Ed Haslam

Actually, this is a thread about AoA training availability wink.png Agreed. There is plenty of info on the AoA site if people would just read it (yes, it is available to non-paying customers). There is no timeline unfortunately. Historically even PMDG don't publish accurate timescales; we all know why. AoA have been very open about when videos are likely to be available. The aim of this thread is to keep those who haven't 'bought into' the product in the loop.
Precisely. There is a ton of information there, but no timeline. That's the point. And, I have posted there. But, honestly, I'm not looking for a "solution" at this point. The reason I've posted here and haven't just hounded AoA is because, rather than expecting AoA to publish a time line, I'm simply voicing my opinion that I don't think the training is worth the money at this point. That kind of comment has no place really on the AoA site itself, as it is less of a request for support and more of a comment to the NGX community here on Avsim. The point being that you aren't getting anything for your money. At least not yet, and not at any discernable time. If someone creates a thread on the NGX forum saying that the AoA training is available, I feel it's appropriate within the same thread to say why I think it makes sense to wait. And picture this (this is funny considering the number of people who have spent $80 on a 17 minute lighting tutorial): If AoA hits a rough patch and begins having cash flow problems and is forced to file a bankruptcy petition, all of the paid customers will have the status of unsecured creditors against the bankruptcy estate. If they ended up liquidating, each of the pre-paid subscribers won't get a refund (like you might expect). Instead, you will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar, or a fraction of what you paid, IF your lucky enough to get anything at all. In typical commercial transactions business people weigh that risk against the benefit of what they are receiving. After all, there's no telling ithe company will have to file for bankruptcy (though, in this ecomony, we shouldn't be surprised). Here, all you get for your $80 is a lighting video and an illusory non-commital statement by AoA that the videos will be released over time. Ha! Maybe only business people see the point.Trevor

At the end of the day, it is $80 not $800. If it were, I'd be more worried. Therefore I'm not. Given that most people seem to have paid upfront, the chances are that they are not going to go bankrupt. If you're not happy taking the gamble then that's fair enough...

Ed Haslam

Precisely. There is a ton of information there, but no timeline. That's the point. And, I have posted there. But, honestly, I'm not looking for a "solution" at this point. The reason I've posted here and haven't just hounded AoA is because, rather than expecting AoA to publish a time line, I'm simply voicing my opinion that I don't think the training is worth the money at this point. That kind of comment has no place really on the AoA site itself, as it is less of a request for support and more of a comment to the NGX community here on Avsim. The point being that you aren't getting anything for your money. At least not yet, and not at any discernable time. If someone creates a thread on the NGX forum saying that the AoA training is available, I feel it's appropriate within the same thread to say why I think it makes sense to wait. And picture this (this is funny considering the number of people who have spent $80 on a 17 minute lighting tutorial): If AoA hits a rough patch and begins having cash flow problems and is forced to file a bankruptcy petition, all of the paid customers will have the status of unsecured creditors against the bankruptcy estate. If they ended up liquidating, each of the pre-paid subscribers won't get a refund (like you might expect). Instead, you will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar, or a fraction of what you paid, IF your lucky enough to get anything at all. In typical commercial transactions business people weigh that risk against the benefit of what they are receiving. After all, there's no telling ithe company will have to file for bankruptcy (though, in this ecomony, we shouldn't be surprised). Here, all you get for your $80 is a lighting video and an illusory non-commital statement by AoA that the videos will be released over time. Ha! Maybe only business people see the point. Trevor
You criticize people who pay up front and hence you stated people paid 80 dollars for a 17 minute lighting video and your last sentence i take offence at that, since its my money and not your money. As Ed has stated its not 800$ and iam sure iam not going to miss the $80 dollars. Please sign your full your name as per forum rules

Peter kelberg

You criticize people who pay up front and hence you stated people paid 80 dollars for a 17 minute lighting video and your last sentence i take offence at that, since its my money and not your money. As Ed has stated its not 800$ and iam sure iam not going to miss the $80 dollars. Please sign your full your name as per forum rules
Oh dear, look what I've done. My full name is below. Thanks! Please see: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/347152-heres-to-you-self-appointed-forum-moderators-you-know-who-you-are/page__p__2094262#entry2094262 And, please do realize that I posted here to express my opinion about the value of the training program. YOU posted here to express your opinion about the value of my opinion, implying that I should just buy the product or be quiet. Trevor Moore (written in 48 point font to compensate for those posts where I neglected, in outright defiance to the NGX community, to sign my full name)

The infantile behaviour and arrogance of some people on this forum is hilarious. It's makes me laugh.

Ed Haslam

The infantile behaviour and arrogance of some people on this forum is hilarious. It's makes me laugh.
+1 I feel for AoA, When they released the MD-11 training, it was out for over a year so there wasn't such a rabid tone to their staggered release of videos. I knew since they were not given early, early access to the 737 it would be a long time before a complete product would be available. I mean it's business smarts to catch the early buzz, but I really wish they would have just announced the training as a future product cause we all know 737 simpilots are a rabid bunch.