Sign in to follow this  
Garuda.1

engine won't start!

hi to everybody!i'm new of this forum.i have this problem with 737-800WL NGX :when i go to start engine 2 first (as from procedure)the percentage of N2 remains to 18.1% instead of reaching 25% to make the engine start.i also get a LOW OIL PRESSURE on the EFIS panel...is it normal or this signal exstinguishes after the engine starts??i follow 100% checklist procedures.may you help me please??? sorry if i made mistakes with english but isn't my languagethanks in advance guys, regards!!!!!

Have you checked that the right pack is off? Start lever on?

Ian R Tyldesley

Since you are getting a rise in N2% sounds like something with the packs are not set right.

Typically the cause of low N1 during start is a pack being on. Maybe if you posted a screen shot we'd get a better idea of what's going on.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Are you trying to start with the the APU or engine 1. If engine 1 you probably don't have enough bleed air, bring N1 up to about 40%. Make sure the packs are off.Tom beat me to it! :-)

all two packs are off,engine ignition is on GND,i have try of everything!!!i now retry to restart the airplane and i will get a screenshot of the situation

Have you forgot to raise your "Engine start Levers" or not?....../ Leffe

that's the overhead panel and this is the efis paneli don't know if you can see but N2 percentage is on 18.1 and N1 is on 31%see what's wrong pleaseim%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Your packs have to be off. Also as said above, did you raise your start lever, when reaching 117-18%/ Leffe

load the 737-800 from the 'Free Flight' menu once loaded, open the CDU, menu, PMDG SETUP, PANEL STATE LOAD, select NGX CLDDRKclick EXEC at OVEHEAD BAT to ONSTANDBY PWR to AUTO START APU (left click twice) when APU GEN illuminate, set both to ON APU BLEED to ONENG 1/2 BLEED to ON L/R PACK to OFFISOL to OPEN R ENG START to GRN at THROTTLE at N2 = 25%R FUEL lever to IDLE at OVERHEAD ENG GEN 2 to ON repeat for ENG 1 good luck, Matt

the engine start levers have to be rised on 25% of N2,so i should not do it up to that moment..but a've tryed aniway and it doesn't works

The packs aren't off as far as I can tell, you've left them on auto, move them to the OFF position.

thanks a lot guys, problem resolved!!!!!!laugh.png i tought they where cut off but they where not!!!!excused me for my distractionblush.png best regards!

thanks a lot guys, problem resolved!!!!!!laugh.png i tought they where cut off but they where not!!!!excused me for my distractionblush.png best regards!
I said so also in my post..../ Leffe