Sign in to follow this  

I have been trying to download the 767 Habitat for Humanity repaint for the past few days with no luck. The screen for the download comes up for a few seconds but then I get the "Internet Exporer cannot display the webpage" message and never get the download dialog box. Here's what I've tried so far. This happens with or without Download Manager This also happens with or without a firewall This also happens with any other file I try to download from Avsim I CAN download without problems from other sites Is there a problem or is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance fro any help. Fred

The AVSIM Library is working fine.Try Firefox or GoogleChrome. IE9 is full of issues. In 90% of cases switching from IE to the other browsers will solve your problem. Also be aware that the AVSIM library does not support download managers. Some may work (like the free download manager 'FDM' - which works fine with the library), others will give you download problems. The other possibility is that some security software on your system may be blocking downloads from AVSIM.

Thanks momtchil, I rarely use a download manager but Tried to give it a try anyway. It did not work without a manager also. Just turned all my security off (both firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials) and still can't download. I'm out of ideas at this point. Obviously if it works for you it must be on my end so I'll think about it for a while and see if I can come up with something. You can close this topic as far as I'm concerned. Thanks anyway, Fred.

You can also try clearing your Internet cache completely.

Turns out I have at least two ways to make this work. The first is boot into the safe mode. The second is to hold down Alt-Control as I click download. This bypasses my pop-up blocker and the dialog line asking me what I want to do, and goes directly to the download pop-up box. Firefox fails just like Internet Expolrer if I don't do this. As far as cleaning my cache. I use CCleaner everytime I exit tne browser so that is always covered. Thanks for the suggestions anyway momtchil. It kept me thinking and eventually found a couple of solutions. Now you can really close this thread. Fred.