Sign in to follow this  
VPA481

Service Failure

Hi, I did set service failure ON since my first flight, but did not meet any yet in more than a dozen flights. Is this random ? How does this work actually ? I did not find any explanation or maybe I missed the documentation page that deals with it. Cheers

You have to use the same livery. The hours clocked is per livery, so if you do 12 flights with 12 different liveries, you won't see a failure, but 12 flights with 1 livery, then maybe

I always use my NGX starting from a saved flight as I have a "special" panel configuraton on a multimonitor systemOf course the livery remains the same.Does the "service failure system" work anyway or everytime I load my saved flight it resets the hour counter?ThanksNick

Looking at the settings files for the liveries, I would have to say your first service based failure should come after about 165 hours of flying. Which one it will be... I have no idea.Either way, they're not meant to happen too often. This plane has to be in the air as much as possible, making money. P.S. This is only speculation, based on the fact that the counters shown in the livery settings files are seconds.

Cristi Neagu

Thanks for reminding me to change my settings to include service based failures. But now that brings up 2 questions. How do I know I am having a service-based failure, and how do I repair them?

Thanks for reminding me to change my settings to include service based failures. But now that brings up 2 questions. How do I know I am having a service-based failure, and how do I repair them?
The same way you would in real life. The system would break and be unreliable/inoperable. Consult the QRH and deal with the issue. Fix it when you decide to via the CDU failures menu. If it happens on the ground an MEL would be nice, but I've never found one for the 737NGs.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

The same way you would in real life. The system would break and be unreliable/inoperable. Consult the QRH and deal with the issue. Fix it when you decide to via the CDU failures menu. If it happens on the ground an MEL would be nice, but I've never found one for the 737NGs.
Hi Zach, Check the FAA page below for MMEL - master MEL; the MEL itself is a customization of the MMEL to company´s needs http://fsims.faa.gov/PICResults.aspx?mode=Publication&doctype=MMEL Regards,Alexandre Blumberg

Hi Zach, Check the FAA page below for MMEL - master MEL; the MEL itself is a customization of the MMEL to company´s needs http://fsims.faa.gov...on&doctype=MMEL Regards,Alexandre Blumberg
Thanks Alex, I know. The point was I was looking for a company specific one. Namely American Airlines.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks Alex, I know. The point was I was looking for a company specific one. Namely American Airlines.
You are welcome. But the MEL and MMEL should be pretty much the same thing and for FS application its more than enough.For AA MEL itself, only if you know someone in maintenance dept.....