Sign in to follow this  
clum

Flight project cancelled/on hold

According to the latest episode of tenminutetaxi, the flight project is on hold while Microsoft re-evaluate its profitability. The information apparently comes from a MS insider. Anyone have any more info on this or how credible it is?

Would explain the lack of updates, but I'm seriously doubting that the info he has is legit.

Brandon Filer

Would they really not take all possibilities into consideration before beginning the project, seems like a monumental case of hindsight if it were true. Pull the plug, start up again, pull the plug. Then again there seems to be no news from MS so who knows...I like how he spent the first five minutes whinging about his ban. For anyone who wants to skip to his blurb about FLIGHT it can be found at 13:00 of his latest episode.

Anyone have any more info on this or how credible it is?
I'd like to know this as well!All I know about this Ten Minute Taxi thing is that he was a member here and got banned for being rude, aside from that what are this guys creditials and what makes him a credible source of info? Has he ever sited any of this info that would give us the impression that he's a genuine source of info or just some yahoo who makes these broadcasts from his bedroom? I've never watched any of his "episodes" frankly and would probably take his info with a grain of salt unless he gives some sort of verifible information about himself that would lead me to believe otherwise.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, let's wait for Microsoft denial, then. The least they can do. From the beginning, the team in charge of FLIGHT seems so wrong about what simmers wish.An online game ? A marketplace ? They don't even know what is a simmer anymore. The charm is broken!Dom

I watched that guy for 10 minutes and the conclusion is, that he´s a busybody that likes best to hear himself speak...not credible at all. There are dozens of possible reasons for the "delay" (besides: they didn´t published a schedule) of updates. Think of x-plane 10: there has been a lack of real updates for more than half a year and now they came up with a release date. Beeing quiet may signify everything: Cancellation or preparing for a "milestone", a team on vacation or a simple delay.

Well you know that if we don't see maybe other new screenshots or webipsodes for months could be a bad sign or maybe it just got delayed from there original release target date this is all of course a wild guess. but its been about 1 year since alpha.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Maybe for the first time in the project one of the developers tried Flight out on an average computer system! Hypnotized.gif

I truly hope its not canceled.But.. Look at it this way, that Bumhammer guy has his own show etc. do you really think he'd publically put his 'reputation' on the line spouting off BS about FLIGHT?Maybe hes correct..

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.