Sign in to follow this  
clum

Flight project cancelled/on hold

A few people, like Tenminutetaxi, like some others, try to find and share news as much as they can do. On this tiny market, this isreally difficult. But we try. We try to find good news and ( i assure you) it takes time. And there is not so much money to gainin doing this. We are humans, we have defauts. we make mistakes. The guy from TenMinuteTaxi sent his excuses after the Avsim thing. Dom
If you think posting a webcast which refers to Avsim as 'avsuck' repeatedly, and worse, calls Tom Allensworth 'worthless' (also repeatedly) in any way excusable, then you'll excuse me if I strongly disagree. Frankly, the guy ought to be ashamed of himself, particularly given that the community the guy claims to be serving is in large part extant because of Tom's efforts over the years. You don't have to tell me how tough it can be to gather news - I was a writer for a daily national newspaper for over ten years - so I certainly know how hard it is to gather interesting, timely and pertinent news and then edit it down into a nice accessible chunk, and that was with AP and Reuters access LOL. But no matter how time consuming or difficult that task may be, if masquerading as a news platform when what you really are doing is little more than standing on a soapbox to slag people off, then it has less to do with offering a service to the flight sim community, and a great deal more to do with being deliberately bellicose and divisive, neither of which does flight simming any good and, more to the point, is not a mere 'human mistake', it's a nasty attitude, and a self destructive one too come to that, since it tosses any semblance of credibility or respect one may have garnered right out of the window. If the guy feels he has been wronged, what he should do is show a bit of class and address that issue in a calm and dignified way to try and sort it out, not resort to childish name calling, after all, he has a platform upon which he could do that. If he truly can gather scoops, then he and his services will indeed be useful, but they will be of no use if nobody sees them, and I'm pretty sure his insulting diatribe will have guaranteed that response from a number of people, and in that sense, achieved little more than to shoot himself in the foot, which as I say is a shame if he really can get the inside gen on stuff, because that kind of useful contribution to the simming community is more than welcome. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

How about AV-Suck? Can you figure that one out?
You serious? He looked older than that. huh.png

No, he's one of those sick dudes who thinks cool stuff is sick.

Mike Beckwith

Sorry then, i didn't know that Tom Allensworth and Avsim has been repeatedly mocked that way. Not my kind of humor neither.If i like to tease people, my motto is C.P.R.Dom

Sorry then, i didn't know that Tom Allensworth and Avsim has been repeatedly mocked that way. Not my kind of humor neither.If i like to tease people, my motto is C.P.R.Dom
No worries Dom, there's no need for you to apologise on his behalf for his poor behavior smile.png Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

TenMinuteTaxi? If he is not affiliated with Microsoft, his word is probably as good as dirty dish water going down the drain - jusy my opinion. I'll wait for MS or some one affiliated with them to give the final word.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

When you look at the time delays between updates on the Flight website taking this long to do another update doesn't seem too abnormal anyway?

I keep seeing "we are not the target market" for FSX or Flight. I guess I don't understand that. If we are not the target market for a flight sim product then who is? I also have to wonder why we see statements in these discussions that there is no real market for these products or no one ever makes any money, yet this whole thing has struggled along since sub-logic. It seems like this whole thing would have died off a long time ago. Here we are heading into 2012 and still very much alive and well looking at perhalps not one but two new flight sim programs..."Flight" and "X-Plane". How can this be? No real Market and no one makes any money? Hard to believe!! I know there are a lot of guys who give us some great products because they love the hobby but after all these years someone...somewhere...is making a buck.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I keep seeing "we are not the target market" for FSX or Flight. I guess I don't understand that. If we are not the target market for a flight sim product then who is? I also have to wonder why we see statements in these discussions that there is no real market for these products or no one ever makes any money, yet this whole thing has struggled along since sub-logic. It seems like this whole thing would have died off a long time ago. Here we are heading into 2012 and still very much alive and well looking at perhalps not one but two new flight sim programs..."Flight" and "X-Plane". How can this be? No real Market and no one makes any money? Hard to believe!! I know there are a lot of guys who give us some great products because they love the hobby but after all these years someone...somewhere...is making a buck.
We are the flight enthusiasts .. what is there?, say 100K of us. There are millions of gamers out there ... MSFS would like to appeal to that group ... the target audience. MS has said that flight would have something for the casual gamer and the flight enthusiast..... so relax folks Batting Eyelashes.gif

We are the flight enthusiasts .. what is there?, say 100K of us. There are millions of gamers out there ... MSFS would like to appeal to that group ... the target audience. MS has said that flight would have something for the casual gamer and the flight enthusiast..... so relax folks Batting%20Eyelashes.gif
For the sake of discussion, I except your number of 100K flight enthusiasts and millions of gamers. I am not a gamer but it seems that to make the gaming mind happy then they have to see exploding dragons or UFO's or some such junk. My question would be why are there no exploding dragons in FSX if the "target market" was gamers? I am just a "redneck" from NW Florida but it seems strange that MS put out FSX to please 100K flight enthusist and not one exploding dragon for the "real target market".....?? I am just saying???

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

The top selling PC game of all time is The Sims, with over 16 millions copies sold and not one exploding dragon! Some people need to brush up on what the "target market" is really looking for in a game, they could be in for a surprise.

You have a valid point Sam. Even if MS was trying to appeal to that large group of gamers, only a few of them would get Flight; namely those interested in aviation. That narrows down your target audience quite a bit I think.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

So, actually, is there ONE SINGLE independent confirmation that Flight is on hold?

The top selling PC game of all time is The Sims, with over 16 millions copies sold and not one exploding dragon! Some people need to brush up on what the "target market" is really looking for in a game, they could be in for a surprise.
I know you are correct and a product like FSX will never be at the top of the pile in sales. I really don't think that Flight is going to be that different than FSX. It does seem possible that it could be released with the basic core program which may be nothing more than an improved FSX and if you want all the gaming type features then you load the second disk which would have the "exploding dragons" and gaming features for the target market.

Sam

So, actually, is there ONE SINGLE independent confirmation that Flight is on hold?
No

Sam

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.