Sign in to follow this  
centerfield

Active Camera

Hi, I just downloaded active camera onto my hard drive and would like to know how to put it in the right area of FS2004 (FS9). I'm new to this and could certainly use the help. Thanks

would like to know how to put it in the right area of FS2004
Have you downloaded the demo or purchased the full version?The demo is limited to Seattle area only. It won't work in other areas.

Have you downloaded the demo or purchased the full version?The demo is limited to Seattle area only. It won't work in other areas.
Hi Rafal, I purchased the full version. Opened and extracted the zip file, I just don't know what to do with it from this point.

Hey Centerfield,If I remember correctly, there is an installer that puts everything where it should go. If the zip file does not have it, then there is also the manual from the Active Camera website that should tell you everything you need to know.You'll need to put in your activation key though before it will work outside of the demo zone. Sorry, its been a while since I installed that app and I'm away from home, so can't check my original files..

Louise

London, UK

Hey Centerfield,If I remember correctly, there is an installer that puts everything where it should go. If the zip file does not have it, then there is also the manual from the Active Camera website that should tell you everything you need to know.You'll need to put in your activation key though before it will work outside of the demo zone. Sorry, its been a while since I installed that app and I'm away from home, so can't check my original files..
Hi Leo, When I opened the zip file it went to my Programs File only and not into FS9.

Hi Leo, When I opened the zip file it went to my Programs File only and not into FS9.
That's probably just a couple of documentation files.. there's a dll that goes into your \modules folder. As I said, there should have been documentation that came with the installer, the info you need will all be in there. I think the install by default goes to c:\program files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. If you have an install at a different location, run the installer, and when it prompts for the install location, choose the root of your FS installation (eg C:\FS9). That should take care of everything. Edited by leostr

Louise

London, UK

That's probably just a couple of documentation files.. there's a dll that goes into your \modules folder. As I said, there should have been documentation that came with the installer, the info you need will all be in there. I think the install by default goes to c:\program files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. If you have an install at a different location, run the installer, and when it prompts for the install location, choose the root of your FS installation (eg C:\FS9). That should take care of everything.
I tried everything and still no progress.

Download the zip file and open it. There are 2 files in the zip file. Double click the exe file and Active camera will go where it is supposed to. JimCYWG

centerfield, where did you buy the addon? Anyway, like Leo wrote, read the docs that came with the purchased file.If, for some reasons, you still have problems, see the FAQ's http://www.anticyclo...amera/FAQs.html and if your problem is not there send a support email to the developers: support@anticyclone.be
Purchased (Active Camera) from simMarket
Download the zip file and open it. There are 2 files in the zip file. Double click the exe file and Active camera will go where it is supposed to. JimCYWG
Jim, I did see the two files. Right now active camera is in my program files. Purchased from simMarket ...

If you download the following file to your desktop, what do you see when you open the zip file? I see an executable file and a text file. I use winzip.http://online.simmar...202_1_FS9_1.zip JimCYWG Opa is probably shaking his head right now. I know the answer.

If you download the following file to your desktop, what do you see when you open the zip file? I see an executable file and a text file. I use winzip.http://online.simmar...202_1_FS9_1.zip JimCYWG Opa is probably shaking his head right now. I know the answer.
Jim, I downloaded the file on my hard drive © extracted it and saw (exe/text) files and the (install icon), holding at this point.

Do you have FS9.1? If only FS9 then download this file. http://online.simmar...202_1_FS9_0.zip You have to install the right version of active camera for the version of FS you are using. Make sure you put the executable in the drive where FS is located. C or D or whatever.

Do you have FS9.1? If only FS9 then download this file. http://online.simmar...202_1_FS9_0.zip You have to install the right version of active camera for the version of FS you are using. Make sure you put the executable in the drive where FS is located. C or D or whatever.
Issue resolved I just didn't put it in the correct directory. Thanks for your continued support regarding active camera.