Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Installing the RXP GNS530W

This plane has a very nice RXP integration option... however a littlemanual touchup makes it even slicker. Getting a full size clickspot to pop up the GNS530, edit the panel.cfg file [Vcockpit04]....gauge00=CCTTS!Toggle_GPS, 87,28,380,300

Bert

Thanks again for that tweak, Bert.Did you notice that polygon on the VC display of the RXP? It's on the lower left and seems to change the contrast a bit.I have to make a screenshot later. With the terrain display running (and the colours there) you can spot it. It also shows up when the unit is turned off.

It is part of the lens reflections.. if you turn them off, it disappears. I actually like them on.

Bert

You are right, this polygon comes with the reflections setting to on, but it doesn't look like a correct part of it. Look at its shape and also the strange enhancement of the colours for example.polygon.jpgI've marked the area here.polygon3.jpg It affects the colour representation of the RXP in that area.polygon2.jpgpolygon4.jpg The instruments itself look beautiful with the reflections on, I like them very much, but this polygon on the GPS screen looks and acts strange.I think the normal reflections there show the seats, while that edged black area stands out a bit and also doesn't go away when turning the unit on. Maybe it's only on my system though, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks for the feedback, Bert.Maybe they'll add that to the SP list then. It's a minor of course. Although I can't sleep now, asking myself what purpose that edged area may have. Hypnotized.gif

I think it is just a light/shade boundary.. I get that just sitting at my monitor with light falling in through the window cool.png

Bert

That's a possibility, you are right. Maybe I'm just getting distracted by the sharp borders there and the prominent highlighting happening.