Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Minor cosmetics for the upcoming patch

Small things, but will make a very nice plane even better.. 1. On the RXP GNS530, the upper left knob has a "V" on it, should be a "C" 2. The airspeed indicator bezel cuts off the first digit at 140, 160 etc 3. At night, the AP Mode Selector is totally dark - you need to remember which button is which.. some lighting here would help

Bert

We're into details here.. 4. The word "LATCH" is mis-spelled on the decal on the pilot's window frame.

Bert

Some things I have noticed.The suction gauge should read 4.6-5.4 according to the manual. My indicator is off the scale past 6.The baggage door opens with the main door.The high voltage test button illuminates only for a brief moment while holding the test button. Is this correct?Approach plate light switch above the syncroscope acts as a panel light switch.Panel light brightness switch doesnt do anything. Panel lights are very bright and I can reduce the brightness.Flaps instruction label should have closing parenthesis on the first 2 points. Third point has closing ')'.Avionics Breaker Switches on right side panel - front switch Glide Slop is missing an e.Cowl Flaps lever Rear tooltip doesnt show the percentage open.Tooltips for the Audio panel aren't correct. All buttons show (Transmit - Com1, Receive - Com1)No tooltip for the ELT.ALT hold button tooltip shows 'off' even when selected on.Prop Sync Switch tooltip doesnt show on or off.Cabin air levers dont have tooltips.

Front fuel pump "high" switch operates front fuel pump and "low" switch operates rear fuel pump. The rear fuel pump switches don't appear to do anything.

Dave Scalora

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I generally like Carenado products and have many of them in my hangar. I have eagerly awaited the C337. I flew the FSD FS9 version extensively. However, I have a problem with this latest Carenado offering. Why in the world was this issued with all these problems? Non functioning avionics and gauges, graphic mistakes, sound issues and MISPELLINGS! Was there no beta testing!? Excuse me but #####!I won't be buying this plane until there is a commitment to get the service pack out. Carenado, in your rush to get this out, you did you and your loyal customers no favors! A thought just struck me. Maybe you, the early buyers are doing the beta testing. hmmm

I wouldn't call this minor, but the autopilot is so unreliable it's unusable. I wish I had the patience to write a full report, but I'm sick of paying for the privilege to be a beta tester. Long story short, following a GPS course, auto pilot ON, descend using the pitch on the autopilot, and the NAV on the auto pilot turns itself off. Other functions do exactly the same, Totally unusable. If anyone from Carenado is reading this, SACK YOUR BETA TEAM AND EMPLOY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO TEST.

Funny, not that I am a fan of this autopilot - but flying a GPS course with NAV works well for me,including descending and ascending using the Pitch thumbwheel. Maybe we should start a separate topic on the autopilot where various members candiscuss what works and what does not..

Bert

Further to my above post, which I can't edit now. Brakes don't appear to work on the right rudder pedal, but do work on the left. This feels very alien when trying to turn right in a taxi, and pushing the left pedal to slow or stop. Brakes should work on BOTH pedals regardless if this plane has differential brakes or not. Changing the fuel from the Take off/Landing to Level flight position, and visa versa, is a little tricky as it goes through the off position, temporarily shutting off fuel. Haven't read the manual yet, but this seems weird. No mention in the manuals on how to use the autopilot, at least I couldn't find it. And on the subject of auto pilot, now I've calmed down a bit I'll give you guys an experiment. At an altitude of 5000ft, and a fare distance out, put in the GPS an ILS approach to an airport with a lower altitude. I don't suppose it matters which one. Set the autopilot on ALT hold, activate approach, and set autopilot to follow GPS course. That's all simple enough without further instruction. It must be, I did it. Now it's time to descend to pattern altitude. Use the autopilot trim under the throttles, and descend to say 2000ft. When you reach 2000ft hit the ALT hold again. The NAV light goes out and you're no longer following the GPS course as such. Nor are you flying the Localizer. A wind will blow the plane off course. You are "flying" by stick at this point, and re-engage the NAV button.

New topic started for autopilot issues, and your issue is the number one entry. As to the brakes, as fix has already been posted. Look under differential braking.

Bert

Changing the fuel from the Take off/Landing to Level flight position, and visa versa, is a little tricky as it goes through the off position, temporarily shutting off fuel. Haven't read the manual yet, but this seems weird.
Going through the OFF position isn't an issue in a real plane, where there will still be fuel in the fuel lines when the tanks are switched. The FSX fuel system, unfortunately, doesn't simulate this.

Most 337 were Turbocharged but the model is non turbo and non pressurized. Rob R.

My RPM gauge; I can see the ground trough it. See next post.Rob R.