Sign in to follow this  
JC75

Hgs slow to update following lnav

Ive noticed that the Hgs seems to be a bit behind the drag curve and at anticipating path changes when following lnav. I've tried using it a few times on dep, and also on approach doing ils, and if I keep my two circles together it still seems often that I'm off the lnav path, or drift off the ils. If I follow the fd bars iinstead then I fly perfectly on track, and stay on the ils, my two circles also stick together well which kind of shows that it's behind the drag curve as it were.I've updates the Hgs refresh speed in the options to. A higher value but it still seems to be poor at anticipating and almost feels it follows my turns rather than the needed turns to keep on track.Anyone else found this? A simple test is fly off track then...follow the Hgs to get back on track and see how poor it' is at commanding the turn, normally by the time it shows it you through the track again and yo yo back through, where the fd bars put you nicely back on track.