Sign in to follow this  
Guitarplayer78

Black screen

Fellow simmers, So far, the NGX is running okay on my system (WIN7 64, 2600K @ 4.6, GTX260). But when I switch from window mode to full screen, the whole screen turns black, and FSX crashes to desktop. No matter where I fly, with or without other addons, it only happens when flying NGX!Did others experience the same? Is this a bug? Thanks!

FSX sometimes is a pain about switching between fullscreen and windowed, or alt-tabbing. I always get problems with doing that, NGX or default cessna. Tyler St. Peter

It's not an NGX issue. It's a wider FSX problem. Plenty of tiopics in the FSX forum.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Fellow simmers, So far, the NGX is running okay on my system (WIN7 64, 2600K @ 4.6, GTX260). But when I switch from window mode to full screen, the whole screen turns black, and FSX crashes to desktop. No matter where I fly, with or without other addons, it only happens when flying NGX!Did others experience the same? Is this a bug? Thanks!
Just a thought. Are you using any kind o FPS limiter?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I got the same problem, it only happens with the NGX, a lot of users said it's caused by the ENB mod (are you using this?). Some can fly with ENB without any problems but others will see this kind of anomalies.They reported positive feedback after removing this with no further black screens.However that's a heavy price you must pay to fly without ENB series.

I got the same problem, it only happens with the NGX, a lot of users said it's caused by the ENB mod (are you using this?). Some can fly with ENB without any problems but others will see this kind of anomalies.They reported positive feedback after removing this with no further black screens.However that's a heavy price you must pay to fly without ENB series.
Couldn't be more correct. I love the ENBseries so much but I was just forced to lay it aside for now until there is a tweak. I like to set up the flight, take off, then watch a movie on my pc while waiting for top of descent, or browse the forums on long haul flights. When I finally get there (T/D) and maximize to full screen... Fatal Error!!!! So I made up my mind today (I've been awake since last nite till now (5:45am)), after the seventh CTD, all at the final stages of long KTPA - KLAS flight, to find the root of the issue. I did some forum searching and found out it was the ENBseries. I reluctantly moved the two files to my desktop (from FSX root), and voila! I did everything I could imagine to cause a CTD, but I couldn't! I even ran FSRecorder, which till now had been a no no, and it ran several times with all the options for replay selected. I went windowed to full several times, and in quick succession, and my FSX is still rock solid! I'm going to bed now, tired, but happy my problem is over. I'll wake up in 3 hours to land, or have it pause at T/D, and sleep longer. I wish using the ENB didn't come at such a cost. It's a beautiful mod.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Couldn't be more correct. I love the ENBseries so much but I was just forced to lay it aside for now until there is a tweak. I like to set up the flight, take off, then watch a movie on my pc while waiting for top of descent, or browse the forums on long haul flights. When I finally get there (T/D) and maximize to full screen... Fatal Error!!!! So I made up my mind today (I've been awake since last nite till now (5:45am)), after the seventh CTD, all at the final stages of long KTPA - KLAS flight, to find the root of the issue. I did some forum searching and found out it was the ENBseries. I reluctantly moved the two files to my desktop (from FSX root), and voila! I did everything I could imagine to cause a CTD, but I couldn't! I even ran FSRecorder, which till now had been a no no, and it ran several times with all the options for replay selected. I went windowed to full several times, and in quick succession, and my FSX is still rock solid! I'm going to bed now, tired, but happy my problem is over. I'll wake up in 3 hours to land, or have it pause at T/D, and sleep longer. I wish using the ENB didn't come at such a cost. It's a beautiful mod.
Its a clean FSX install, without FPS Limiter, ENB ini or other fancy stuff. It's only related to NGX as all other software works without any problems at all.

What is the ENB ?
It changes the lighting in the sim. Similar to playing with settings on an slr camera