Sign in to follow this  
asanal

RC stop working+CTD

I am experiencing CTD due to the following RC problem.. Will you please check this problem event report?Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

what version of rc are you running? what version of fsuipc are you running? make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum, click debug before loading the plan. duplicate the problem, and send me the log jd

JD.Thanks for your quick response. 1- RC 4.3.38452-FSUIPC 4.7033-"make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum, click debug before loading the plan. duplicate the problem, and send me the log" OK. I will try to duplicate the problem and send you the log.

Ahmet Sanal

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/ has FSUIPC 4.727 that might be worth trying. You should when you send in your log at what point in the RC operation it crashes to make it easier to find in the huge log and give jd a clue what to look for. Be aware that recent windows added security updates should have RC excluded from its security checks. Normally you'll get a different type of warning.

Ron, 1-IF this problem happens very seldom or not other members are experiencing, I really don't want JD spending his valuable time trying to solve my problem. I can continue to operate like that until some CTD happens; RC is the BEST and I will wait for RC 5 2- I downloaded FSUIPC 4.727 and extracted to FSX folder. I checked the FSX folder FSUIPC 4.727.Dll file there. Re-boot the PC .Started FSX. Open the FSUIPC panel, still I have FSUIPC 4.703. What am doing wrong?Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

Try this: In your modules folder rename fsuipc.dll to fsuipc4.703.dxx Next check out your registry entry for the FSX path with this free utility: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryFSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) Run that utility by right clicking on it and selecting run as administrator so it can access your registry. Next, if you have an fsuipc.dll directly in your FSX folder that is incorrect. Delete it. Rerun the the installer from the download you got from:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/ It should automatically get your FSX path from the registry and place it in your FSX\modules folder. After the installer finishes go in to your FSX\modules folder. There should be now an fsuipc.dll in there. Right click on it and click on properties. Check out the version there to see if it is the new one. I managed to enlarge your screen shot so I could read in. It states RC is hanging because it is waiting for an FSX response. This is a time-out issue relating to computer performance caused by either demands on it from FSX or one of its add-ons such as ASE, or a security application you have has stopped RC from communicating with FSUIPC. The latest FSUIPC fixes some performance issues. If you are running ASE then be sure to install all of its service packs, now up to SP3. If you have Microsoft Security Essentials be sure you have rcv4.exe declared as a safe application if that setting is available. That should also be done with any other security application installed. While I can't tell from your screen shot if you are also getting error 75, the pinned topic at the forum top regarding Norton, etc., has some pointers on declaring RC safe in these applications. Security systems should not be probing RC, FSX, or other trusted FSX add-on applications. RC when started in flight only communicates to FSX via FSUIPC4 which connects via SimConnect to FSX. Are you running a WideFS network system with some applications on a client pc and FSX on a host pc? Something is causing a Windows communication error probably do to heavily loaded resources. Please reply describing your hardware setup, your version of Windows, your version of FSX, and what applications are running besides RC and FSX, and also if this happens with default aircraft or in a particular scenery area. Another user error is trying to start RC before FSX has loaded a flight such as parked at a gate. Don't push the START button in RC until a flight is running. You can't start RC while in FSX menus. The log submitted will tell jd what RC was doing when it hung up if we need to go that far.

Ron,1- followed your instructions and FSUIPC 4.727 installed and verified.2-" security application you have has stopped RC from communicating with FSUIPC" Done3- No I am not running WideFS.4- I have Dell Alienware with Intel i7 X980 core, 3.33Hz, Ram 6GB, Windows 64, Graphic card Nvidia X480 2HD available free space 600GB5- Addons: XPax, Fs2Crew, REX, DB, UT2,GEX, FsCaptain, CSim 727,707, PMDG 737NGX, 747-400X, 747-8X, MD-11X, ATC Live Chatter,6- "if this happens with default aircraft or in a particular scenery area" I didn't try with Default aircraft. "particular scenery area" NO7-"Don't push the START button in RC until a flight is running" Unfortunately some times I am attempting to start RC while in FSX menus. Next time I will hit my fingers8-"The log submitted will tell JD what RC was doing when it hung up if we need to go that far" No, I will not go that far. Unless if major problem develops. I will monitor my flights and will inform you.Thanks for your and JD supports

Ahmet Sanal