Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

Anyone got this: FS2Crew Flight Crew Assistant 737 (iPod)

Hi ED, i heard it is good. It's not fs2crew, but close enough till Bryan releases the NGX version. Not interactive if that makes sense. Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi.. yes I bought this ... its a bit overpriced really but a lot of thought and work has gone into it so I don't begrudge paying too much. It does have a lot of geeky nerdiness to it, but that adds to its appeal. The checklist callouts, PA announcements etc are all quite cool and there are quite a lot of them. The METAR function is a neat idea though I have not checked its accuracy (though I have no reason to believe it shouldnt be). It should be half the price really, but I like it.

HiI bought it & it's not bad. The flows are useful & work well with the NGX. Not completely the same as the documents from PMDG but it does work well enough to get you up & running. Entering a code for the airport of your choice will give you conditions at the time. It appears to work with any airport. I've tried both US & European codes & all have worked. Audible check lists are useful too. Some things are just a novelty like- pushing a call bell & asking for a drink, making cabin announcements to passengers about flight issues, delays, departures etc. Overall it's not a must have but it is nice to have theses things on a mobile device. I have it on phone & iPad works on both. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your replies. I know what you mean, if it were half the price i'd buy it without even blinking.How detailed are the checklists? This could be the deal breaker for me.

Ed Haslam

EdThe audible check list consists of Pre Flight, Before start, Before taxi, Before take off, After take off, Descent, Approach, Landing, Shutdown & secure. Example of Pre Flight:-you tap the PreFlight button & you hear your virtual voice asking for pre flight check list. On the second tap you will here your virtual first officer calling Oxygen, tap again & you will here your voice again saying tested 100% & so on until the pre flight check is comple at which point your virtual first officer will say "Pre flight check list complete"The pre flight check list consists of:-Oxygen, instrument transfer switches, window heat, pressurisation mode selector, flight instruments, Parking Brake, engine start levers. Hope this gives you an idea of what to expect.

I'm amazed no one has mentioned the ability to import and play ATC recordings in the app, which you can assign to different ATC stations. As the developer, I've always considered the ATC in the background to be one of the most interesting features, but no one talks about that feature. As for expensive? I look at this way... In London a nice plate of fish and chips with a Coke will set you back about 10 to 11 Pounds... so in that context, this stuff is dirt cheap tongue.png Cheers,

I'm amazed no one has mentioned the ability to import and play ATC recordings in the app, which you can assign to different ATC stations. As the developer, I've always considered the ATC in the background to be one of the most interesting features, but no one talks about that feature. As for expensive? I look at this way... In London a nice plate of fish and chips with a Coke will set you back about 10 to 11 Pounds... so in that context, this stuff is dirt cheap tongue.png Cheers,
Wow!!!! that's about $30 NZD, I could feed a rugby team here for that Bryan, mind you, we don't get the mushy peas laugh.png

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.