Sign in to follow this  
Smasher77th

Las Vegas arrival and a question or two

Here are screenshots of my recent flight from KTPA - KLAS (screenies taken toward arrival, so no KTPA shots). Enjoy. Now my question:In the next screenie, see how the HGS runway outline is wrong? What could be the cause, anyone? I got the elevation from the chart which says TDZE = 2069'. I forgot to get the screenshot, but the PFD also says in yellow LDG ALT if I remember correctly. Here is a link to the actual chart I used: http://204.108.4.16/.../00662IL25L.PDF Also, all the buildings in the background are all shimmering. How can I stop that? Thanks for your help.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

I had this problem intill i found Ryans fix called the MagDec-update which in laymans languagecorrects all the runway bearings in FSX it is an FSX problem I think the update is in ths PMDG general forumregarding the shimmering buildings sorry cant help you there what graphics card are you using?

I have eVGA GTX580 superclocked and I'm using the 8xSQ in the pinned nVidia configuration guide. I know I did the MagDec update, I have not seen this problem at any other airport (I only fly to addon airports). The outline has always been perfectly superimposed or few inches to the sides but perfectly symmetrical (if the right line is 2" to the right then the left line is also 2" to the left). Oh I just noticed on the screenshot that the heading is 257. that's weird because if the runway heading is 255, then I should be showing less than that since I'm pointed to the left. I now understand why you mentioned the MagDec. I'll redo the update and try again. But before now, I was really concerned with the runway outline being way narrower and to the side of the runway (see picture): Has anyone had any similar experience? Could someone please do an instrument approach on 25L KLAS and tell their findings? Especially anyone who has the FSDT KLAS scenery? I'll appreciate it much. Thanks in advance

Chidiebere Anyahara

I have just finished the approach to RW25L using the FSDT KLAS scenery have the same problem the RW25L showing 257 when it should be 255it can only i think be a bug with the Scenery addon I will try it again with FSX default scenery and see wht happens I have logged on to the flightbeam forum and have put this problem to themwaiting for there reply

It would have been better to ask this question in the apropriate PMDG forum rather than here. Btw. I should delete the picture you´ve posted in a subsequent post. But it´s to illustrate your problem, so I´ll let it where it is. But this won´t happen again. Please stick to the rule next time.

Nice, whose photoreal scenery are you using?

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

MegaScenery Las Vegas

It would have been better to ask this question in the apropriate PMDG forum rather than here. Btw. I should delete the picture you´ve posted in a subsequent post. But it´s to illustrate your problem, so I´ll let it where it is. But this won´t happen again. Please stick to the rule next time.
Sorry about the second pic. Also, I didn't post this originally here. I posted in the 737NGX forum. I think it was moved here by a moderator, maybe because of the screenshots. I guess I should have posted the screenies separate from the problem.

Chidiebere Anyahara