Sign in to follow this  
KLMMD11

HUGS on landing

can someone tell me, or point me to a specific area in the manuals, as to how to set up the HUGS on the 737 for landing (I.E so it shows the runway outline like on the screenshots we saw RSR post back in the development days (; )cheers guys (i know it is a very stupid question)

Fly the tutorial flight, it goes over that function. Basicly all you need to do is enter the runway length and altitude but the tutorial covers it. - Jim

Jim Wenham

Yup, it's quite simple basically what Jim said, it's real useful on Low vis landings :D
i bet, i started usingit before and cant fly without it now, its a very cool piece of kit

Mode: PRI STBY: A111 Arm RWY: Enter length and elevation Press Enter G/S: Enter glideslope in degrees Runway outline will appear below 500 feet. Martin Wilby

This is from page 71 of the tutorialWhile we’re down on the pedestal, let’s set the Head-upGuidance System (HGS) controller options so that we can use itduring the approach. (located in the center of the pedestalbelow the nav radios) It needs two pieces of information, therunway elevation and the runway length. Press the RWY button on the left side of the HGScontroller until it says EL>0. This we can leave becausethe runway elevation actually is around -13 feet, and 0is as close as we can get to it with the controller. This is not very clear on the runway elevation to use since it is below zero and the controller will not go below zero. Is the THRE elevation used or is airport elevation used or some other elevation used? Thank youMichael Cubine

This is not very clear on the runway elevation to use since it is below zero and the controller will not go below zero. Is the THRE elevation used or is airport elevation used or some other elevation used?
In RL, THRE elevation is used, but I think in FSX the airport elevation is appropriate. Also, use the DIM- key to enter negative values.