Sign in to follow this  
Pierrot727

Unable to connect Pa after T/O

Hi, I just buy 737NGX, i install it and use it : all work, all initialized : no problem. I set runway in use, choose 5°flaps, full power, i set 250knt on ap, take off, try to connect ap : no way. If i push on hdg and vertical speed, appear in green in pfd but no way, impossible to connect this ap !!! Is that a bug ? Thanks for your answer Best R. P.

Yes, under certain circumstances it's a bug. There have been numerous threads on the topic recently. First of all make sure you meet AP engagement criteria. If that doesn't help, uncheck realistic AP engagement. If that still doesn't do the trick, either land, shut down, power up again (worked for me once) or just reload the plane and the whole flight. No imminent solution available to my knowledge however. sig.gif

it's incredible, i wait so long and pay so much for a bug version and so poor of 737 !!!!!!! After two time : i succeed to connect pa, but despite the mode are in green the pa is crazy and don't respect any value !!! All the mcp is bugged !!! some touch is active on pfd and the aircraft is not directed correctly : no management of speed, hdg or v speed, unable to engage lnav of vnav evenif a correct fpl is entered. Trim at neutral, all system in green GRRRRRRRR 65$ lost I'm a french airline pilot student, i make a nice pub for pmdg iin my school and on forum ! worst price for worst aicraft Where do you uncheck realistic pa engagment ?

Pierrot727,You can just engage autopilot if you have a proper trimmed aircraft, just after 400 AGL, without any force in the elevators (make sure that you release the joystick and let it centered). Joystick (if new) should be calibrated first.You can disable the A/P realistic engagement thru FMC/CDU options.Adenilson

If you haven't already done so try the tutorial flight, see if you get the same problem with the steps as laid out in that. I did that straight away and not had a problem since .. .. G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

All the mcp is bugged !!! some touch is active on pfd and the aircraft is not directed correctly : no management of speed, hdg or v speed, unable to engage lnav of vnav evenif a correct fpl is entered. Trim at neutral, all system in green GRRRRRRRR 65$ lost I'm a french airline pilot student, i make a nice pub for pmdg iin my school and on forum ! worst price for worst aicraft Where do you uncheck realistic pa engagment ?
Maybe it's a language barrier, but saying these things and then asking for help is a bit ridiculous and definitely irritating... Why don't you try the CDU menu? And sign your name for support next time. "G", I'm sure, is not your name.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Wow really, I'm sure we can find 10k+ people who would disagree fully on this being the "worst aircraft" and even real NG pilots both active and retired. That's just rude and I'm sure your help here just got really limited because that's just not the way to get help here or anywhere else. But to prove your wrong I will help! I'm sure PMDG will admit they have a minor bug or two but I think the problem is in between the computer screen and the back of your chair! Hint YOU also known as operator error! And the trim being neutral OR being trimming for that phase of flight are two different things. Meaning when you takeoff and start to accelerate the plane needs to be trimming down. If you try to engage the AP with it still set at takeoff trim that's your problem. Here's a tip, go PMDG options within the CDU and find "realistic AP engagement" Set to off. Maybe you should learn a bit more about power and trim relationship. And how real commercial aircraft work as the plane is not just put on AP without it being trimmed FIRST. You have not even followed the rule of signing you full name here and want to start barking. http://forum.avsim.n...ill-be-deleted/

You say you are an airline student, but don't even bother to read the documentation that came with the aircraft. Just wow.

You say you are an airline student, but don't even bother to read the documentation that came with the aircraft. Just wow.
Considering even his acronym for auto-pilot (AP v.s PA) is wrong, I'd say the documentation is useless to him.

He seems to be French so it's probably the acronym for pilot automatique.

Hi, I just buy 737NGX, i install it and use it : all work, all initialized : no problem. I set runway in use, choose 5°flaps, full power, i set 250knt on ap, take off, try to connect ap : no way. If i push on hdg and vertical speed, appear in green in pfd but no way, impossible to connect this ap !!! Is that a bug ? Thanks for your answer Best R. P.
NO it is Not a bug !! It will work when you figure out how to do it properly !!!