Sign in to follow this  
Kascu

Strange FSX stutter behaviour with NGX

Guys, I am disappointed with my FSX. It gets stuck after exactly every 50 seconds for 5 seconds!. It will repeat again after exactly 50 seconds for another 5 seconds again and again. Apart from that issue, everything is fine.

Guys, I am disappointed with my FSX. It gets stuck after exactly every 50 seconds for 5 seconds!. It will repeat again after exactly 50 seconds for another 5 seconds again and again. Apart from that issue, everything is fine.
Make sure Windows Security Essentials has been told to ignore your FSX folder. Andrew Vincent

Make sure Windows Security Essentials has been told to ignore your FSX folder. Andrew Vincent
Thanks Andrew, FSX folder is out of the main Window Program folder and I have tried to add exception from Antivirus and firewall.. Are there any other Security essentials apart from Firewall and exclude from Main window folder?

Thanks Andrew, FSX folder is out of the main Window Program folder and I have tried to add exception from Antivirus and firewall.. Are there any other Security essentials apart from Firewall and exclude from Main window folder?
Do you have separate anti-virus software installed apart from Microsoft Security Essentials - MSE(The little green tent with a flag in th task-bar). You will need to put an exception in MSE too. Wasn't clear from your post. Andrew Vincent

Do you have FSUIPC auto saving every 50 seconds?

Do you have separate anti-virus software installed apart from Microsoft Security Essentials - MSE(The little green tent with a flag in th task-bar). You will need to put an exception in MSE too. Wasn't clear from your post. Andrew Vincent
I do not have Microsoft Security Essentials. I have McAfee Total Protection which has overridden window security features. I have added exceptions under McAfee Firewall.
Do you have FSUIPC auto saving every 50 seconds?
Yes, I have FSUIPC auto saving albeit on every 60 seconds, probably that's the cause. Let me disable and will revert.

Guys! It is Bingo! Problem SOLVED.. the issue was FSUIPC Auto save. After I disabled FSUIPC auto save,, No more stutters.. Perfect flight. I would recommend for those who experiences Freeze to try disable FSUIPC auto save, could be one of causes..Thanks a lot Andrew and Di Agron!

Instead of disabling, you could set it to something like 30 minutes instead of the default 1 minute.

I have been working for 1 week trying to find a solution to this 1 sec stutter every minute in FSX. I found this thread and deselected auto save in FSUIPC and it's a perfect flight now!!! Frames at 120 in cruise with PMDG 737NGX.Thank you all

Regards

Luc Vanasse

Make sure Windows Security Essentials has been told to ignore your FSX folder.Andrew Vincent
ms security essentials is to TRASH! the few times i had it, i was unable to use the pc, it gave me also some (!!) BSODs