Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Initalization question

Hi Guys: Question on initialization stage, is there away to have the aircraft initalize with parking brake all ready set, reason I ask is the aircraft is creeping forward as it is doing this process, thanks a lot.

Rich Sennett

The plane shouldn't be moving when you initialize. It should be chocked. What do you mean the plane is creeping forward?

Matt Cee

Hi yah Matt, if I am on the active runway with a running aircraft, not a dark state.

Rich Sennett

I've noticed this too during the 15 second initializing, but it doesnt really affect anything for me so i dont mind it

Well... there is a way... go to FSX main folder\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState and find the panel state you're starting with. If you're using the short panel state, that's "NGX SHORT.sav". Open that and find:

Parking Brake Lever=0

Change it to 1. Normally, it should set the parking brake. But the airplane should already have the chokes in place, so i'm not sure if it will help.Also, you might want to calibrate your throttle. Ground idle shouldn't be enough to get the plane rolling.

Cristi Neagu

I dont want to be half way down the runway before shes ready lol
I have noticed this too, but not to the extent that i am half way down the runway on completion of inicialization.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg