Sign in to follow this  
i72600

Landing at SBRJ [737-800WL - SFP] - VIDEO

Landing performed with a SFP (Short Field Performance Package NGX). At the airport Santos Dumont (SBRJ) in Rio de Janeiro, with the painting of the airline which requested the SFP to Boeing. Watch the video and note the strong deceleration from various cameras angles. Read more about the NGX - Short Field Performance Pack: http://www.facebook....229349443771514

Nice landing! Now, try again with full load of PAX and with required reserve fuel. With a Vref of 140-145kts it's a little more challenging to get the aircraft stopped before you run out of runway.

I'll try.
Try the 02R approach if you really want to have some fun!! :-)Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

According to TOPCAT, a 737-800 take off at SBRJ (SDU - Santos Dumont) to SBSP (Congonhas) would require a great amount of passenger restriction: 100 passengers, 1100 kg baggage = 52100 kg of ZFW. Take off at maximum thrust, flaps 15, VR at 125 knots and 22 m runway margin. (temperature = 27 C)So why the hell GOL operates 737-800 at SBRJ?Teo Halfen

Very good man! Great approach, perfect two PAPI lights, perfect flaring, perfect turn... One question, how did you estimate how fast your descent rate would be during the circling to land turn? Cuz I didn't see you using the green banana on the ND, so what did you use for reference?

nice landing there lets see you take off with a full load of fuel and pax :(

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The from from the US gives a 7.3. ;)A little float. You touched down at 129 and you had 145 bugged. What was your Vref? I don't think you had one selected.Good job getting on the reversers quickly.Make sure you cancel the FMC and A/P disconnect warnings, too. (Small stuff.)Cool video.

Edited by Spin737

Matt Cee