Sign in to follow this  
nicobecker37

Some questions after completing 1st tutorial

Hi All, so I just completed my 1st tutorial and it went pretty smooth. However, I have some questions and hope to get some help.1. Just before reachting the T/D point I saved the flight. When I load the flight later on VNAV is always disangaged alhough I had it engaged when saving. Any ideas why?2. When I arm APP, I only see "single CH" in the PFD. Why? I have angaged CMD A and B3. Upon reaching 1500 ft the PFD does not show "LAND 3" but just CMD. Why? Many thanks for your thoughts.Nic

Single channel is the mode for initial approach, When both AP are engaged the FMA shows SINGLE CH (or 1CH) in amber in the DFCS status area from localizer capture until the second A/P engages. This occurs 10 seconds after the approach-on-course submode is active. it goes to autoland mode and CMD appears. CMD is the same of LAND 3 on other airplanes, if dual channel is not avaiable single channel is displayed, no flare is avaiable in this mode. (FCC will do it but without FMA annunciation and is not permitted to do an autoland with single channell) You must disengage AP before or at desition height in this mode.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Hi All, so I just completed my 1st tutorial and it went pretty smooth. However, I have some questions and hope to get some help.1. Just before reachting the T/D point I saved the flight. When I load the flight later on VNAV is always disangaged alhough I had it engaged when saving. Any ideas why?2. When I arm APP, I only see "single CH" in the PFD. Why? I have angaged CMD A and B3. Upon reaching 1500 ft the PFD does not show "LAND 3" but just CMD. Why? Many thanks for your thoughts.Nic
Single channel is the correct annunciation for the 737NG above 1500 ft.It will change to Land 3 at 1500 ft only if you have the Collins MCP and Fail Operational chosen in the CDU options.Otherwise it will annunciate CMD for Fail Passive. For Fail Operational Rollout & Flare will arm at 1500 ft.For Fail Passive only Flare will arm at 1500 ft. Either way, it will autoland !! ( make sure your speed is down to vref + 5 and you have flaps 30 set )An easy way to put your speed down to Vref + 5 is to park the speed bug just on top of the green Vref number. Fred.

Single channel is the correct annunciation for the 737NG above 1500 ft.It will change to Land 3 at 1500 ft only if you have the Collins MCP and Fail Operational chosen in the CDU options.Otherwise it will annunciate CMD for Fail Passive. For Fail Operational Rollout & Flare will arm at 1500 ft.For Fail Passive only Flare will arm at 1500 ft. Either way, it will autoland !! ( make sure your speed is down to vref + 5 and you have flaps 30 set )An easy way to put your speed down to Vref + 5 is to park the speed bug just on top of the green Vref number. Fred.
Tere's always something to learn! ;)

Regards

Andrea Daviero