Sign in to follow this  
gueyo

Low FPS with Virtual Cockpit View

Hi Captains. I have a little problem regarding FPS with the PMDG 737NGX RTM version. when selecting the VC the FPS drops down suddendly. In outside view and wings views my FPS are around 17 - 27 FPS. When a change it to VC 8 or 10 FPS. My spec and settings. Very high detail, Fps set to 30. high res cockpit, midium hight scenery no traffic.System intel pentiun dual core E5500 2.8ghz, 4gb ram, Nvidia Geforce 9400gt 1gb, windows 7 64 bit. Thanks for the help

Hi,You are running below minimum spec. You deserve for that performance. Even mine i7 980x @4.2Ghz with GTX580 only get 30fps on average.

Hi Captains. I have a little problem regarding FPS with the PMDG 737NGX RTM version. when selecting the VC the FPS drops down suddendly. In outside view and wings views my FPS are around 17 - 27 FPS. When a change it to VC 8 or 10 FPS. My spec and settings. Very high detail, Fps set to 30. high res cockpit, midium hight scenery no traffic.System intel pentiun dual core E5500 2.8ghz, 4gb ram, Nvidia Geforce 9400gt 1gb, windows 7 64 bit. Thanks for the help
I think what no name meant to say was that you should expect that performance on that system. I suggest you stick to the 2d with that PC. Sign. your. names.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I have E7200 dual core 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 9600GT, Windows 7 64 bit. Very similar system as you can see. I will Buy i7 during the next year, but until then I made many compromises with many sliders to the left and tweaking, and my NGX run very smoothly, I have 25-40 FPS in VC, in exterior view 50-70 FPS. And I run ASE and Fs Flight Keeper(when I fly for VA). And Fsx still looks decent. I can send you my fsx.cfg file and some tips about tweaking, just tell me if you want

With your system you may benefit in UN checking the Hi-res virtual cockpit option in FSX.

Jim Wenham

Hey Gueyo, the guys are right of course, your system is not really getting what it could from this great addon. Even with tweaking other aspects within the cfg and the FSX CP I feel you may still be a little disappointed. However, as I'm sure you are aware, there are plenty of ways you can tweak your system to ensure you are getting the absolute maximum possible performance with what you have. I'm sure you know, but dropping the autogen slider will give you the biggest increase. Also, if you are flying the big guys like the PMDG, 90% of the flight you are up high so autogen is not really a problem, here you could afford to drop it quite significantly. I think we all tend to see how far we can push sliders to the right, and then complain that the rig doesn't perform the way we expect it to! What we should do, IMO to gain the best perfomance, is to see how far left we can set our sliders before we become disappointed with the flying experience ie. loss of autogen etc. if we do this I believe there will be many more guys happier with their flying! I recently got hold of the PMDG and Orbx Brisbane international. Anyone who knows this combination will I'm sure agree, that it's probably the most intensive addon scenario you could have! So sat at the end of the runway with only 19FPS was not that ideal. So I went into the airport control panel and unticked 90% of the boxes, in doing so I then sat at the end of the runway with 24 frames, an increase of 25%. Did I see an increase in performance, absolutely, did I notice anything that affected my flying enjoyment absolutely not. Of course my flying enjoyment was improved because of the extra smoothness that came with the frame increase. Apologies if I'm trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, but if not, then I hope this helps. Here are just a few things that may help. 1) Switch off scenery ground shadows in FSX CP2) Switch off aircraft casts shadow on ground3) Switch off aircraft casts shadow on itself4) Switch off bloom effect5) Run water setting at Low 2x6) Set all scenery sliders to 90% or similar except for scenety radius set at 80%7) Set scenery detail at 100%8) This is the big one, set autogen no higher than normal. Try a test and see if it is OK set at one lower, sparse I think.9) In the cfg file. set your scnery LOD radius to 4 or 3.510) In your cfg file set the tresss autogen to 1000 and house to 50011) If using Rex ensure you have the cloud detail at no higher than 1024, or 512 would be even better, and the water set at 51212) In fsc weather set cloud draw distance to minimum and cloud coverage to minimum13) In FSX switch off ground vehicles, boats and sea craft14) In FSX switch off airport ground vehicles15) In FSX if flying from a GA airfield turn off airliner traffic and run GA traffic at no more than 25%16) In FSX flying from a big airport turn off GA traffic and run airline traffic at no more than 25%17) In FSX you could set simple couds in the weather section, this can improve things a lot, but you will likely lose low level cloud18) Use a single monitor in your setup19) Switch off any programs that may be running in the background20) If you can run FSX without an AV program then do so I'm sure there are plenty of things I have missed, but these are the ones that come immeditaely to mind. Now, set yourself up a test flight, implement these changes and then do a comparison flight. Making note of not just frames but the most important thing, the smoothness and then let all us guys know how you get on.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi guys thanks for the tips. the issue is that is a "new pc". A couple days ago i had installed ngx on a XP service pack 3 dual core E5400 2.5ghz, 2gb ram, geforce 9400gt 1gb with REX, ASE, Add ons scenery, almost all add ons, and my FPS in VC were between 14 to 18FPS. Now with this new computer E5500 2.8 4gb ram 9400gt 1gb and w7 64 bit, no rex, no ase, no scenery add ons, vc FPS are 8 to 10. Now i have tweak the FSX.cfg with ******* teak tool, own terrain autogent and stuffs. no luck. I have leveld 767 and the fps are between 20 to 29 FPS solid. in Qwsim 757 i have 18 to 24 FPS solid. PMDG 8 to 10 fps nmax in VC. Outside view o wing view my FPS are 18 to 25 FPS. There also a gray/white square in the VC cabin that is strange and new! is that the reason? it can be expand with the mouse clicking. Thanks for the help pros! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

neGMZ.jpg Here is the thing with the white square, its appears in the left top screen and you can drag it to the center and expand it

I have no clue about that square. It almost appears to be two of them stacked? As for improving frame rates one thing I do, forgive me if this was suggested but I didn't see it, is to run my support programs on a laptop. This gives me the added advantage of browsing the net or what-not without disturbing flight sim. If you have any extra programs you run such as ASE, FSFK, an ACARS maybe from a VA if you have one, et. el. maybe you can give that a try.

Edward Smoker Sr.

Funny thing is that i have no active add ons and still my fps on VC are 8 to 10, even with all set to minimal, but if a chage it to wing view or outside view i get a solid 28 29 fps at minimal settings all. i think there is a problem

Maybe this can help you: FIRST ATTEMPT1. folow step by step http://www.simforums...187.html#1981872.then go to bojote tweaking tool http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html3.configure your card thisway http://forum.avsim.n...f-all-settings/4.here you can get a guide with some useful advice http://forum.aerosof...-you-might-not/5. http://forum.avsim.n...t-with-the-ngx/6.in fsx settings, disable high resolution virtual cockpit - NGX will not lose much in qualityWorth trying even if you lose a whole day with settings and defrag etc. If all you are not satisfied after this, you can try this: SECOND- go to FSX/Autogen and find "default.xml". Rename that file to default.backup This will disable your autogen, but will give you a realy big FPS improvement and FSX will run smoothly like never before. I can live without trees, you can use REX witch can improve how fsx looks without impact on FPS. If your FPS still not ok, try to replace your fsx.cfg with this, open notepad and paste this: [bufferPools]RejectThreshold=131072[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[sOUND]AmbientUI=1AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}SOUND=1SOUND_LOD=1SOUND_QUALITY=2UISound=1VoiceDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}[slewTextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2[AContain]LabelColor=FFFF0000LabelDelay=1000ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelHeading=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0[ATC]AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BPilotVoice=0ShowATCText=1UsePilotVoice=1[TextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=0MEASURE=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Current=StandardControls_Default=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64force_crash_enabled=1force_gear_bump_enabled=1force_ground_bumps_enabled=1force_master_gain=10000force_stick_force_enabled=1force_stick_shaker_enabled=1[FACILITIES]CITY=COUNTRY=GTL_BUTTON=1322STATE=[TextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1FuelPercentage=2,4GForce=2,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0ALLOW_SHADER_30=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0D3D10=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0HIGHMEMFIX=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=1NUM_LIGHTS=8See_Self=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432[TrafficManager]AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0AirlineDensity=0FreewayDensity=0GADensity=0IFROnly=0LeisureBoatsDensity=0ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0[DynamicHeadMovement]HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000[REALISM]AutoCoord=FalseAutoTrim=FalseCrashDetection=TrueCrashTolerance=1.000000CrashWithDyn=TrueGEffect=TrueGeneral=1.000000GyroDrift=FalseGyroEffect=1.000000ManualLights=TruePFactor=1.000000RealMixture=TrueStressDamage=TrueTorque=1.000000TrueAirspeed=FalseUnlimitedFuel=False[Weather]AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=6CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3DETAILED_CLOUDS=0DisableTurbulence=0DownloadWindsAloft=1DynamicWeather=0MaxGustRampSpeed=200MaxGustTime=500MaxVarRampSpeed=75MaxVarTime=50MinGustRampSpeed=1MinGustTime=10MinVarRampSpeed=10MinVarTime=5THERMAL_VISUALS=0TurbulenceScale=0.500000WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1[Misc]Com_Rate=7[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1HideMenuFullscreen=1HideMenuNormal=1Location=120,67,904,701,\\.\DISPLAY1Maximized=1SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscUser Objects=Airplane, HelicopterProcSpeed=7343PerfBucket=7[Trusted][TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1FuelPercentage=1,4GForce=1,3LockedFrameRate=1,2[uSERINTERFACE]DisplayFuelAsWeight=0Map_Orientation=2OpenATCOnCreate=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1PageID=1SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIMSelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=PMDGSelectAircraftType=AllShowAllACPaintSchemes=1[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[Display]ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255BLOOM_EFFECTS=0ChangeTime=4.000000InfoBrakesEnable=FalseInfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoOverspeedEnable=FalseInfoParkingBrakesEnable=FalseInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=FalseInfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40TextureMaxLoad=30TransitionTime=4.000000UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=False[slewTextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2[PANELS]DEFAULT_VIEW=0IMAGE_QUALITY=1PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_STRETCHING=1QUICKTIPS=0UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LoadWindow=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=0[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT.0]Mode=1024x768x32[TERRAIN]AUTOGEN_DENSITY=1DETAIL_TEXTURE=1LOD_RADIUS=3.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=50MESH_RESOLUTION=21SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=26WATER_EFFECTS=0[sCENERY]DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=1LENSFLARE=0SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0[FlightPlanMap]LineWidth=2SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1show_ac_twr=1show_airways=1show_markers=1show_volume_boundaries=1show_waypoints=1[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT.0.0]Mode=1024x768x32[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0 Save notepad(rename to fsx.cfg and put it instead of original fsx.cfg)IMPORTANT: Backup first your FSX.CFG and change in this FSX.CFG - graphic card(put yours 9400 gt or simply delete that and let it be written automatically when you start FSX), and change "WideViewAspect=False" to "Thrue" if using widescreen This is a good start, then you can try to move your sliders slowly to the right and see how much fps you lose and stop when you like the settings. Even with this settings, fsx looks much better then x-plane, and must important - NGX run very well! If this don't help you, go and buy i7 black edition! good luck

And Fps must be set to unlimited, you can use external FPS limiter, but for me is much better without it. And for your's graphic card, be sure to set filtering to bilinear and uncheck anti-aliasing inside fsx

Disabling the default.xml doesn´t turn off all the autogen....it simply turns off a few buildings and stuff that no one notices.