Sign in to follow this  

Missle-like object caught by Fox News Crew...

It's a conspiracy!Now show the ENTIRE frame enlarged like that small section and let's see what shows up.Looks much more like an error on the CCD or some such (if not something added digitally afterwards just to have another story about aliens or CIA attempts to destroy the world)...

Jeroen...Why do you go out of your way at being obnoxious? Why do you read so many implications, where no implications are stated.From my point of view, it is YOU that sees conspiracy around every corner.Just curious.bt

Hehe - I recall seeing Internet sites and TV shows about these unitentified stick-like flying objects. Most were of the opinion that they were some strange insect, but this is the first time I've heard of it going "behind" a cloud, indicating, if true, some sort of high altitude, very fast and very long object.Or it could be a CCD phantom.I find it interesting that the person who filmed the anomoly made no mention of the other ones that have been filmed in the past. A curious find nonetheless. -Greg

Guest emergency_pants

yeah... I see what you mean. Some of it looks especially suspect!It's like an Earthwatch. But at least they keep an open mind about odd stuff that happens... co-incidences, strange phenomena and general stuff that can't immediately be explained. It's not all necessarily poop. :) It's good to keep an open mind sometimes.There's always silly stuff amongst the good though. The crop circles thing is a prime example. Most people realised it was a hoax years ago (especially since some of the first hoaxers came forward, if I remember rightly), but some people won't leave it be. Even a Hollywood film, if I remember rightly (?).The missile thing is definitely a good story though, whatever the hell it was :)Cheers,Simon.

I've always had a simple philosophy about UFO's...If they exist, they are man made (Area 51 type stuff). I think that's highly probable. Life in outer space most likely exists, but visits from other worlds? Not likely. I'd think we'd be getting tens of thousands of visits, from strange and exotic intelligent life all over the universe. Odds are, at least one of those visitors would be aggressive. I think life exists all over the universe, but is isolated by distance and time.Strange sightings? Can happen. Years ago, I was living in the Bay Area. I've always been an astronomy nut... So I was fairly familiar with where all the stars should be. One night in the 80's, having gone shopping, I noticed five bright stars where they weren't supposed to be. Five minutes later, they were in different locations--went on for 20 minutes, then they vanished. No one ever explained it. But I had a theory...The night was windy. I was an avid kite flyer even into early adulthood, and would often sail kites out on a mile of 50 lb. test fishing line. I rigged cameras and other gear on them. Easy enough to rig lights. Easy enough for five or so friends to get together to play a hoax on a small community. At least a couple of dozen of my friends knew how I managed to fly kites so high, and knew of my methods for deploying them, and reeling them in. I used a spool attached to a power drill--an idea thought of by my neighbor. I could get a kite in from half a mile in less than ten minutes.Although no one ever admitted it, I am certain my friends, all college buddies with too much time on their hands, decided to use my "proof of technology" for some extracurricular activity.The day I see something other than a grainy video, showing an object with the same detail we see on airliners.net, may be the day I believe such sightings are anything other than hoaxes, or visual artifacts spun into wishful thinking....

Guest B1900 Mech

Ok! It's my fault! That hardened monel rivit I was trying to drill out on that Saab caused my non cobalt drill bit to break off. I will try a snapon bit next ok? geez!

"Life in outer space most likely exists, but visits from other worlds? Not likely. I'd think we'd be getting tens of thousands of visits"Have you never heard of the Prime Directive John? Good lord... At least speak with a little edumakation, man!:-lolElrond"A musician without the RIAA, is like a fish without a bicycle."

Guest Dean

Small world.dean.karis@snapon.com

>I've always had a simple philosophy about UFO's... >Haven't we all? Mine is that they're usually seen after a few too many beers :-lol>If they exist, they are man made (Area 51 type stuff). I >think that's highly probable. >Well, UFO means literally Unidentified Flying Object. That makes that 767 flying at FL100 that you don't recognise for what it is a UFO to you (and in fact, most UFOs are indeed just aircraft passing overhead that people don't recognise).I agree (and this is indeed generally considered to be a major source) that experimental aircraft flying out of bases like Tonopah and Groom Lake have a better chance of being reported as UFOs because they often have weird shapes or performance.That is in fact one of the main reasons the F-117 was made public. They wanted to start flying them during the day but didn't want hundreds of extra UFO reports drawing attention to the base so they showed some blurry photos so people knew that a triangular thing in the sky was just another USAF aircraft.>Life in outer space most likely exists, but visits from >other worlds? Not likely. I'd think we'd be getting tens >of thousands of visits, from strange and exotic intelligent >life all over the universe. Odds are, at least one of those >visitors would be aggressive. I think life exists all over >the universe, but is isolated by distance and time. >On our planet longdistance travel (up to the advent of tourism which (as far as we know) does not exist between our planet and any other) has always had only 2 purposes:1 - expansion of territory. This has usually been violent if there was someone living there (and those were our own species, I think aliens would consider us no more than animals...).2 - business. But AFAIK there are no interplanetary trade groups that we are a member of.Exploration was always a precursor to either one of these.Therefore, any alien visiting us is either a military expedition (and thus to be considered a foreign invasion!) or a trade expedition.If they were a trade expedition why don't they attempt to trade?If they were a military scout, where is the main invasion force? They've had more than enough time by now to get here if the scoutships have FTL travel...