Sign in to follow this  
Aerodynamic

NGX and FSDT JFK?

Just curious if anyone has noticed the following with the NGX. If I begin a flight in the NGX at FSDT JFK, the trees at the airport "flicker" from winter to summer textures. If I start in a default aircraft, this does not happen. If you load a default aircraft first and then switch to the NGX, all is fine. I actually have reformatted and installed the NGX again and then the FSDT sceneries that I own. Nothing else was installed on the vanilla FSX and its service packs. I have tried two various Nvidia drivers and they both do the same thing. Anyone else noticed this? I posted at FSDT already and nothing in that forum proved to work. If it matters: Q9550 @ 3.4, 4GB, GTX460 Superclocked Edition with latest drivers, Nvidia Inspector set up per Ryan's instructions, Windows 7 64. Also the same problem occurs at FSDT ORD since it uses the same tree textures. Thanks,Scott

It might be related to the "runway edge lines flickering" issue. I'm not sure if PMDG said anything about it, though.

Cristi Neagu

I have had numerous issues with the NGX and FSDreamteam's KJFK. Everything else seems to work fine though.

I also had the trees flickering at FSDT JFK so I removed the file "trees.dds" from the texture folder FSX\fsdreamteam\JFK\texture folder and no more flickering. Works great now.

Sean Green

I also had the trees flickering at FSDT JFK so I removed the file "trees.dds" from the texture folder FSX\fsdreamteam\JFK\texture folder and no more flickering. Works great now.
Thank you so much, Sean! I tried replacing that texture as recommended in the FSDT forum, but it did not help. Removing it seems to have done the trick for me. I don't have any other issues, so I was hoping there was an easy way to just get rid of the trees. I didn't know that they were only textures! I have the same issue with the same trees at their ORD scenery, so I'll hope removing the same file works for that situation also. Thanks again! smile.png Scott