Sign in to follow this  
postpone

FS9 real weather

Hi folks, Why is it that when using real time weather I see high cirrus type cloud always looking like it passes underneath cumulus/stratus clouds that are way lower in altitude, is it a FS9 bug...? thanks, Steve.

Could be the FS9 haze island that will follow you where ever you go.

Hi Jim, I don't think it is the FS9 'haze' I use a addon for wx, it is cirrus that is coming toward me in flight, looks very odd indeed. cheers, Steve.

Are you using FSUIPC with fully turned om weather features? If so check those out. Pages 13 and 14 in the FSUIPC User Guide under the visibility tab and the clouds tab. Note the FS9 tabs are illustrated on the right side of those pages. Read about the fog settings in visibility and also the cirrus cloud settings. Using these tools weather applications via FSUIPC can offer stacked haze layers to fix the downward view above haze from looking clear when the haze is more solid and also can place cirrus. The cirrus introduced by the registered user settings has always been high. Anyway, if it is installed with an application registration or user purchased registration it is worth checking those tabs.

Hi ronzie, I have the vis set in FSUIPC but nothing else, I will read 13/14 and see what result that brings. thanks for your help, Steve.