Sign in to follow this  
waveblaster200

FSX + SB4

Hey everyone two questions, I have been enjoying FSX on my new rig i5-2500k with my old Geforce 9800GTX. Sim does pretty well on med to med high settings. Im waiting for funds to get a new GTX 560 ti or GTX570. But when I open SB4 I seem to loose anti-aliasing on the aircraft and I go from 30 fps locked in game to 18-20fps. I have tried using NVIDIA Inspector but with no real luck. Im excited to fly on vatsim with FSX but there is no way with the performance hit when I open SB4, when I close it again im back to normal. Also I posted a week or so ago when I used FSXMark11, I average around 26fps. Any ideas or thoughts. Thanks guys!!

Solution 1: Run SB4 as the separate app, not inside FSX, you can do that even on one computer.Solution 2: Override Antialiasing via Nvidia Inspector (not Enhance)

Solution 2: Override Antialiasing via Nvidia Inspector (not Enhance) I did this and it seem to work but I am still having proformance issues when I open SB4 in FSX. Maybe my card just isnt powerful enough... Solution 1: Run SB4 as the separate app, not inside FSX, you can do that even on one computer. I can open SB4 outside before and or after starting FSX, but I cant get back into FSX to use it and if I do I cant get it to show up in FSX. I have been searching how to use SB4 as a external program but people ask that question and said they fixed it but no one is posting how to do it. Can I get around all of this by grabbing a new GTX 560ti or GTX 570 here in a few weeks? Thanks

Solution 2: Override Antialiasing via Nvidia Inspector (not Enhance) I did this and it seem to work but I am still having proformance issues when I open SB4 in FSX. Maybe my card just isnt powerful enough...
Weird, I don't remember having these problems as I was running one computer. I have an old laptop here for those external programs... it's an old Acer eMachines E510 but hey, it's working.
Solution 1: Run SB4 as the separate app, not inside FSX, you can do that even on one computer. I can open SB4 outside before and or after starting FSX, but I cant get back into FSX to use it and if I do I cant get it to show up in FSX. I have been searching how to use SB4 as a external program but people ask that question and said they fixed it but no one is posting how to do it. Can I get around all of this by grabbing a new GTX 560ti or GTX 570 here in a few weeks?
I don't quite understand what you mean. You can start SB4 before - that shouldn't be possible, SB4 should nag about FS not being started, though you can override it by saying start anyway. To open SB4 outside the FSX you have a simple starting application, nothing else. Though as I can only remember this, with FS9, I used to have it on the same computer and I ran it in the background rather than ingame, cuz I also had some of those troubles, and I also removed some .dll files from modules folder to prevent SB opening any internal programs. In FS9 those files were in Modules folder, I think there were 3 files, I am sure I removed sbtrans.dll... but right now can't help you 100%, since I don't have it installed on my main machine. I think when SB4 is run separately you don't get it to show in FSX, but outside, as a separate program!The thing is, you want to prevent SB4 showing in FSX, as that causes problems, sometimes. And I don't think your GPU is too weak for that or that a new GPU is going to fix it. But you'll only know for sure when the new one arrives.