Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

Samsung 2443BW+ Question

I've been trying to discover if the Samsung 2443BW+ monitor has one of those high gloss protective screen covers on it. I've checked the Samsung specs and I didn't see if mentioned anywhere. Also, is the display ratio 16:10? So please advise and thanks!Mark

Hi Mark, I have 3 of these, NO, they don't have high gloss covers, and YES, they are 16:10 ratio. samsung 2443BW+ with 50,000:1 contrast etc. Excellent monitors. Ron.

Thanks Ron! That's going to work out pretty well then. Availability of products can be a bit fickeled in Australia at times. Often when you see something that is advertised, you might want to pick it up right away (akin to the proverbial impulse buy) as it might not be available tomorrow.Oz has no where near the availability of what I can get back home in Santa Monica but surprisingly, and pleasantly so I might add, the do pretty well down under. But what the heck, I always been partial to OZ. So thanks again for the heads up :)Mark

I have 2 of these monitors and they are definitely not glossy. Ratio is 16:10 (1920 x 1200), which I prefer to 1920 x 1080. They are great for office work and games.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Thanks for that. What's interesting is that I think that I might have the grandfather of these Samsung 24" monitors. I got it about five or six years ago and it was around $1200.00 dollars back then. It's been really nice to use and still works fine after all this time.I want to compliment it with another monitor (maybe two?) and was pleased to see that something comparable is available and at a really good price point. I'm glad to hear that people have been using the new version and thanks for heads up :)MarkReview of My Old Samsung 243T in case anyone is interested...http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1761

Got three of 'em. I prefer the 16:10 screen ratio.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Yeah, me too. I've been looking at the really wide horizontal, not very tall vertical screens and they just don't seem as appealing for flight sim. What is nice about the new version of this Samsung is that it's got thin edges. I think that two of the put together are the same thickness as my original!Mark