Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

AHA! Now I know why some folks having that Activation Issue

Usually when my Bios does not like my overclock settings it just does a soft reset which means I just have to change the Clock Frequency, Memory, Voltage etc. However tonight the computer did not like one of my settings and not only did the NGX freeze up but my whole computer. Had to use the power off switch to reboot. Anyway this time it did a complete reset of my bios back to factory settings. So I had to go in there and re-enter all my settings for everything. Booted up computer, got Windows message saying it could not get updates anymore. Said hell with that for now and reloaded my saved flight. When FSX loaded it wanted my activation key. Entered in Key then it kept asking for it again and again. Exited FSX went back looked up the error for why Windows could not get updates. Viola Time and Date was not set right. Reset Time and Date went back in to FSX and it did not ask me for the key this time and loaded right up. I know PMDG already is aware of this. Just brought this up for those that do not know. If your an ethusiast and one of your overclocks goes bad like mine did and your Bios resets to factory settings remember to set your computer back to the present day. LOL.gif