Sign in to follow this  
Helge Rasmussen

Problems with AVSIM shop

Hi,I, and several others, have had a problem with the Avsim webshop, and since there apparently is no way to contact them, I am now trying this way since they are allowed to use the Avsim name. You can see details of the problem on this link: http://forum.avsim.n...voxatc-version/ In short, they are selling an old version of the product without mentioning it on the website, and people buy it and then discover that they have to pay a lot of money to upgrade to the newest version.They cannot even contact the shop to complain about this practice. Personally I got help from the creator of the product, but not everyone have been that lucky. Regards,Helge

Helge Rasmussen

What did you pay the AVSIM store and what would you have paid to buy the latest version from Voxatc?

I paid $52 incl shipping from the AVSIM shop for what turned out to be version 5. The version 6 price is $75 from the VoxATC site. The upgrade would be approximately $46, so if the creator hadn't helped me, I would have had to pay $98 for it. I of course bought it from AVSIM store because it looked like a great offer. Helge

Helge Rasmussen

As I thought. In this world you get what you pay for - there's no such thing as a free lunch. Unless the AVSIM store actually advertised it as being Version 6 you got what you paid for. No advertiser has any obligation to tell you what its product isn't. Caveat emptor.

The Avsim shop screenshot of the box said "New version", which I assumed meant that it was version 6.Anyway, I don't agree with you, but this isn't the forum to discuss it. I just wanted a way for people that bought the software thinking it was the latest version they bought, a way to contact the store. But there is no link that I can find, that is why I asked here, since it seems that Avsim is somehow affiliated with the shop.

Helge Rasmussen

.................I just wanted a way for people that bought the software thinking it was the latest version they bought, a way to contact the store. But there is no link that I can find..................
Simpilot.com - The Avsim Store, contact details:http://www.simpilot....servlet/Service There's an e-mail listed there - contact them with any issues you're having. Sorry to hear of your problems.

The Avsim shop screenshot of the box said "New version", which I assumed meant that it was version 6.Anyway, I don't agree with you, but this isn't the forum to discuss it. I just wanted a way for people that bought the software thinking it was the latest version they bought, a way to contact the store. But there is no link that I can find, that is why I asked here, since it seems that Avsim is somehow affiliated with the shop.
If the box shown on the AVSIM store was not the box you actually received then you do have a valid complaint. Internet sales are "sales by description" because the buyer has to rely on the seller's description which becomes a term of the contract. UK courts have held that the goods must be as described - in one instance cans of fruit were to be delivered in boxes containing 30 cans but the seller delivered the correct total number of cans but in boxes of 24. That was held to be a breach of contract, because the goods weren't as described.